Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: worse night-before-LSAT ever  (Read 9836 times)

jaxon

Re: worse night-before-LSAT ever
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2004, 10:32:51 PM »
you have a girlfriend matt?  does she watch those snuff videos with you?

Because UBC would be closer to Pacific optometry school, where my g/f will be attending if she gets in.

If she doesnt, ill stay here in Alberta. 

Matt

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2004, 09:34:43 AM »
wait--we let canadians post here?

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2005, 09:13:49 PM »
Plus we have a very large asian/east indian population to compete with.  Compared to what?  Blacks and hispanics? Ya, real tough life there.

Jesus.  Talk about your blatant *ssholery.

Agreed on that one. Racist pig.
HLS '09

bloomich

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2005, 04:34:26 PM »
Plus we have a very large asian/east indian population to compete with.  Compared to what?  Blacks and hispanics? Ya, real tough life there.

yea, that's about where I stopped reading this haughty prick

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2005, 05:59:29 PM »

yea, that's about where I stopped reading this haughty prick

Good thing this pig's dismal LSAT will keep him out of any decent school in the US  ;D
HLS '09

Eptisam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2005, 11:47:21 AM »
It's very ironic to hear the Canadian folks of this board trash-talk about how dumb American students are and how unremarkable the schools are. Because when I hear facts that there are a couple of Canadian law schools that you can get into without taking the LSAT, and it makes me laugh.
Why would the LSAT be necessary?
The lsat is not offered in French so it would be unfair for McGill to force students to have to do it since McGill is in a French province.

The rest of the universities in Quebec also don't require it (when going to Law school of course).

Mereidia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 11:55:26 AM »
You know, I'm an engineering student from the U.S. who has spent plenty of time working alongside McGill students as well as those in 'grande ecoles' in France and I must say that I was rather surprised to find such harsh words coming from you.  Yes, many of our smaller schools have a generous grading curve, but I have suffered through four years of an American curriculum where grades are based on an 'average'= 2.0.  I have an engineer's QPA and am damn proud of it because my degree means that I worked for my grades and am a little better than average at it.  But I do realize that many law school officials do not feel the same way...you cannot guarantee a 0.1-0.3 difference just because you're Canadian.  I'm up against the same issues as you and until now, I've suffered in silence.

Here's some advice for you...don't bash Americans.  If you don't like us, stay where you are - it is that simple.  I don't remember anyone begging you to come here.  If you think that our schools are a joke, perhaps you should stay in Canada where others may share your same views.  According to you, they have much better educational programs and, if I remember correctly from my colleagues, your tuition is significantly cheaper than most American schools.  Oh, and if you're going to complain about how hard you have it in global affairs due to America's dominance of the markets, don't expect me to feel sorry for you; my colleagues have done quite well for themselves with their mediocre QPAs from McGill.  If you can't seem to find a way, then it is your problem and yours alone.  People like you give Canadians a bad name.

I cannot believe that you would dare to remark about minorities on this message board; yes, we all realize that sometimes race can help or hinder an admissions decision but the majority of us are mature enough to accept it and move on.  Quit whining and moaning.  There are a few minorities in the U.S. too, if I'm not mistaken...

Canadians can beat any American student when in the same classes - Ha.  In France, with my mediocre French skills, I secured the highest mark on my research dissertation out of anyone else in my program.  Apparently, Americans are just as good as Canadians who are just as good as anyone else, but that just might be my biased opinion.