Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: worse night-before-LSAT ever  (Read 10310 times)

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: worse night-before-LSAT ever
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2004, 03:15:39 PM »
Obviously there are smart university students everywhere.

All i'm saying is a bright student in Canada might end up with a CGPA of 3.7. 
That same caliber student in the U.S. probably has a 3.8-4.0 CGPA. 

Sorry, i just get pissy at grade inflation sometimes heh.  Of course an American student who is bright can do wonderfully well at U of T...but chances are he did no worse at his first institution. 

These are also generalizations, they do not apply to each individual.

Matt

chipmonkee

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 03:20:32 PM »
Matt, where are you located in Canada?  What school are you hoping to go to?  As a fellow Canadian, I'm just curious!

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 09:36:46 AM »
applied to U of A, and that's it.

Think with my higher dec score coming in ill apply to UBC as well.  If i had done poorly, i was going to ship an app to U of C

Matt

chipmonkee

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2004, 09:53:43 AM »
applied to U of A, and that's it.

Think with my higher dec score coming in ill apply to UBC as well. If i had done poorly, i was going to ship an app to U of C

Matt

Good Luck with the applications Matt!  Why not UVic?  People seem to think more of it than UBC.

I've only applied in-province (Ontario), and I've never written the LSAT before December, so we'll see what happens.

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2004, 04:35:55 PM »
Because UBC would be closer to Pacific optometry school, where my g/f will be attending if she gets in.

If she doesnt, ill stay here in Alberta. 

Matt

chipmonkee

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2004, 06:55:59 PM »
Because UBC would be closer to Pacific optometry school, where my g/f will be attending if she gets in.

If she doesnt, ill stay here in Alberta.

Matt

Good Luck to you both Matt!  That's the same reason I want to stay in Toronto (except bf and dental school)(although Toronto is difficult to get into), but I may have to settle somewhere else to pursue my dreams.

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 09:46:15 AM »
Good luck with that...ya, U of T can be hard.

Matt

Yowzers

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 01:13:47 PM »
Obviously there are smart university students everywhere.

All i'm saying is a bright student in Canada might end up with a CGPA of 3.7. 
That same caliber student in the U.S. probably has a 3.8-4.0 CGPA. 

Matt

I think this is because there just a lot more schools in the U.S. that may have lower standards than Canadian universities. That explains why premeds who don't get in in Canada apply to the states. If you're comparing top schools between the two countries, American schools just own Canadian, which is why I chose to attend undergrad in the U.S.

My friends from my high school who now go to U of T and are studying roughly the same subject as me (Biology) have much higher GPA's than me (they also only get tested in the format of multiple choice with no curve). They all have 3.97 or 3.99 while I only have a 3.8 from Cornell.

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2004, 05:57:04 PM »
It's very ironic to hear the Canadian folks of this board trash-talk about how dumb American students are and how unremarkable the schools are. Because when I hear facts that there are a couple of Canadian law schools that you can get into without taking the LSAT, and it makes me laugh.

chipmonkee

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004, 04:30:59 PM »
It's very ironic to hear the Canadian folks of this board trash-talk about how dumb American students are and how unremarkable the schools are. Because when I hear facts that there are a couple of Canadian law schools that you can get into without taking the LSAT, and it makes me laugh.

Oh really?  Maybe you should get your "facts" straight before stating "facts" about Canadian schools.  All Canadian schools require the LSAT.