Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: worse night-before-LSAT ever  (Read 10185 times)

blinkuldhc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blinkuldhc
    • View Profile
    • me
    • Email
worse night-before-LSAT ever
« on: December 07, 2004, 08:47:08 PM »
I just took the Dec test. So, to prepare for the biggest test I will have ever taken, I went to bed the night before at 9:30 P.M. Got out of bed the next monring at 6:45 A.M. In between those 9-10 hours, i got EXACTLY ZERO MINUTES OF SLEEP. Not a single second of shut-eye. It wasn't even like those nights were you doze in and out, and you think you've been sleeping and 3 hours have passed. Nope, I sat there in bed and basically watched the digital clock tick very deliberately. Oh the agony! I finally gave up at 5 A.M. and just put Elf on the dvd player until I got out of bed.

Despite all of this, I thought I did pretty well on the test. Thank goodness for adrenaline.
SCORE!: USD ($$$)
Broken beer goggles: W&M, Hastings, BC , WUstl
Liqouring up: Temple, Santa Clara, Loyola (LA)
C*ck blocked: Wisconsin
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=blinkuldhc

BigBadBo

Re: worse night-before-LSAT ever
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 08:54:01 PM »
Sucks eh?

Same thing happened to me - no sleep whatsoever - only I thought I did so-so(165-170 in my book) and ended up with a 161.  I'm convinced those hours of sleep are vital to being sharp.  I hadn't gotten anything less than a 171 for 2 months prior to the test.

I'll probably retake in Feb. or June and I'm definitely taking lots of sleeping pills.

Hope your score turns out alright

strouse

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:15:47 PM »
Next time, Ambien

HTH

geezer

• Sr. Citizen
  • More oysters than you can shake a stick at!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 08:52:21 AM »
I had the same experience on the October test.  I spent $1,000 to take that test (I had to fly to my test center, hole up at a hotel and cancel a lot of business).  After, I went to a doctor and he prescribed a very powerful sleeping pill.  Two nights before the test I made sure that I had little sleep.  Slept nine hours before the Dec. test.  Woke up feeling great!

Go see a doctor if you decide to take the test again...

jaxon

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 11:38:50 AM »
I just took the Dec test. So, to prepare for the biggest test I will have ever taken, I went to bed the night before at 9:30 P.M. Got out of bed the next monring at 6:45 A.M. In between those 9-10 hours, i got EXACTLY ZERO MINUTES OF SLEEP. Not a single second of shut-eye. It wasn't even like those nights were you doze in and out, and you think you've been sleeping and 3 hours have passed. Nope, I sat there in bed and basically watched the digital clock tick very deliberately. Oh the agony! I finally gave up at 5 A.M. and just put Elf on the dvd player until I got out of bed.

Despite all of this, I thought I did pretty well on the test. Thank goodness for adrenaline.

yeah adrenalin savedd my ass too.  i had only a couple hours of very poor sleep before my test, and woke up unable to comrehend the ning paper.  i do think it cost me a few points as i really struggled with the RC and started spacing out in the last section...  if i were to take the test again, i would have gotten an RX for a very short acting sleeping pill... you dont want to take something that will have residual effects.

kbp

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 11:48:16 AM »
I just went with the Tylenol PM.  Took it at 8:00, in bed at 9:15, restful night's sleep, up at 6:45 ready to go.

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 09:56:10 AM »
Haven't any of you ever pulled all nighters before exams?

Its not that big of a deal.

If you haven't pulled all-nighters, or dont like it...you might not like law. :)

Matt

jaxon

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 10:15:09 AM »
Haven't any of you ever pulled all nighters before exams?

Its not that big of a deal.

If you haven't pulled all-nighters, or dont like it...you might not like law. :)

Matt

on a test like the LSAT, where a tiny mental edge could mean 3 points.  getting enough sleep is pretty important... it is more like an athletic event than a test... and beyond that, if you plan on pulling "all-nighters" to do well in law school, you will likely fail miserably.

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 10:38:50 AM »
Lol, i've pulled all-nighters my entire school career.

I wouldn't talk about success.  You go to an american school right?  Heh...I think everyone is well aware that Canadian University curves eat Americans for lunch.  Don't agree? Ask any American who has went to a Canadian school.

We actually have curves that teachers stick to.  B- 2.7 average.  A's are designated for 6% of the class.  With people who study way harder than your typical American college kid.  Plus we have a very large asian/east indian population to compete with.  Compared to what?  Blacks and hispanics? Ya, real tough life there.

Apply to med school in the U.S.from a Canadian university and they add anywhere from .1-.3 onto your GPA to compensate.  This includes your IVY's.

GG son

Matt

jaxon

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 10:42:12 AM »
good luck if you think your study habits from UG will work in LS.  yes, canadian schools are tougher than american schools... but since LSAT >>>>> GPA, what difference does it really make?

Lol, i've pulled all-nighters my entire school career.

I wouldn't talk about success.  You go to an american school right?  Heh...I think everyone is well aware that Canadian University curves eat Americans for lunch.  Don't agree? Ask any American who has went to a Canadian school.

We actually have curves that teachers stick to.  B- 2.7 average.  A's are designated for 6% of the class.  With people who study way harder than your typical American college kid.  Plus we have a very large asian/east indian population to compete with.  Compared to what?  Blacks and hispanics? Ya, real tough life there.

Apply to med school in the U.S.from a Canadian university and they add anywhere from .1-.3 onto your GPA to compensate.  This includes your IVY's.

GG son

Matt