Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ok, I've made another list  (Read 10816 times)

BM2004

Re: Ok, I've made another list
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2004, 12:57:28 AM »
Was there a point-at-issue question about whether contemporary art always sucks relative to past art - I seem to remember one speaker saying something about how people always underrate contemp art

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2004, 12:58:19 AM »
Cable bridges are more esthetically pleasing than the concrete overpass.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2004, 12:59:37 AM »
Yes, yes, yes!!  Great job to both of you guys, we now have the suspension bridge and the art one.  Can anyone remember the specifics of the art one.  Something about people assuming older work is better.  I now have 36 on my list!  I can repost the list tomorrow, am trying to finish a paper tonight, so just checking back periodically:)
Attending Duke

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2004, 12:59:47 AM »
yea i remember that one too.  good memory.

also, i think the answer to the HGH one was that the long term effects were not known.

BM2004

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2004, 01:02:14 AM »
I remember the second speaker's argument was really convoluted (at least to me) - I think I picked a choice that stated something about whether there was any good contemp art or whether it was possible to have good/quality contemp art - something along those lines.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2004, 01:03:26 AM »
Crud… I am getting the contemporary art one mixed up in my head with the RC about the ceremonial masks of the Bambara.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2004, 01:03:59 AM »
Crud… I am getting the contemporary art one mixed up in my head with the RC about the ceremonial masks of the Bambara.

And I don't really remember the answer choices to the art one, either.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

BM2004

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2004, 01:05:40 AM »
Was there an Inference question about a female author's books - and her recent historical fiction or nonfiction piece was recently a best seller - and some of her previous works - nonfiction were also bestsellers - but not all of them were well-written, etc etc.  

rosemaryblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2004, 01:07:52 AM »
Was there an Inference question about a female author's books - and her recent historical fiction or nonfiction piece was recently a best seller - and some of her previous works - nonfiction were also bestsellers - but not all of them were well-written, etc etc.  

Did you have LR experimental? That might have been experimental cause I really don't remember it.

As for contemp. art--def. about having to wait until later to identify good art, don't remember it being too difficult so hopefully answer I went with was correct, the ones you all mention sound familiar.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2004, 01:08:20 AM »
was that female authors books question a parallel reasoning one?  it sounds familiar to me.