Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ok, I've made another list  (Read 10977 times)

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Ok, I've made another list
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2004, 10:52:14 PM »
Yeah, I recall the baby boomer question, but I don't recall if it's experimental.  It had to do with an analyst explaining that baby boomers will not do something with their money, thus, they will invest their money in the stock market and boost the market.

Is this perhaps the consumption/economist question?  I vaguely remember this...
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

lle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2004, 11:08:22 PM »
There was also an argument about explaining how banks in Scotland doubled their business with England within some period after certain policies were passed.  Two of the answer choices include "building new roads between Scotland and England" and "efficiency of paper money."  The question type was "which of the following does the least to explain" type.

I didn't have confidence in my answer for this one although I breezed right through it.

BM2004

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2004, 11:12:56 PM »
Yeah! I remember that question too - but I think it was on my experimental section - Ile did you also have a LR experimental section?

lle

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2004, 11:15:31 PM »
Also, if no one has mentioned it, there was also one about dead authors's work should not be published because they were probably bad.  I think the question type was weaken.  What was that big word they used in the answer choice I chose?  "Posthumous."  For me, it seems anytime the question authors throw in an uncommon word, that answer has a higher chance of being correct.

One of the answer choice is "they often reedit works they think were originally bad."

LL

lle

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2004, 11:20:30 PM »
Yes I had an LR experimental, and recalled much of the test on Sunday, but didn't feel like contributing because some of the replies were like "no you're wrong, it should be this...."

I did skip all the parrallel reasoning questions except one.  Many times those are best done by diagramming, and it takes me at least 2-3 minutes per question during study.  I figured it was best just to save 5 minutes (on 2 questions) on the test for other questions.

lsatposter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2004, 11:20:39 PM »
The correct answer was that the authors are often too critical of their work  initially. The stem said that they should burn something they don't want published immediately after finishing it
Attending: Northwestern School of Law

lsatposter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2004, 11:22:19 PM »
 lle,

I promise you I won't tell you got anything wrong. Please share questions you remember.
Attending: Northwestern School of Law

BM2004

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2004, 11:24:47 PM »
I also had a Weaken question about these scientists who want to do experiments on kids - and I think the weakener was E - something like "the long term effects of doing X are not well known."

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2004, 11:26:20 PM »
Gosh I just took it today (accommodated testing) so I should remember this.  The baby boomer one was

Economist:
Analysts think that baby-boomer will retire and place their money into the stock market. If they were right these analysts would have much to gain.  However, they are wrong.  [X reason] will make it impossible for companies to charge so much per share thus, with share price lower; baby boomers will place their money into other investments.

Paraphrased... but I think that's it… if that’s the one you’re talking about.

lle

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2004, 11:26:36 PM »
I recall the argument saying something like after an author dies, his unpublished work and letters are often published by his heirs even though the quality of those unpublished works were often poor or not the same standard as his published works.  I think the conclusion went on to say unpublished work after the author dies should be best left unpublished.

I thought the question was a weaken type.