Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Typo on personal statement  (Read 407 times)

Dixon

• View Profile
Typo on personal statement
« on: December 07, 2004, 06:22:21 PM »
I have sent off close to 14 applications in the last two days and just discovered a typo. I can't believe it. I must have not saved my changes or used an older version as a template for all the others.
It's not a big mistake. I wrote "the blah blah law school is of particularly interesting to me because..."
What should I do? Ignore it? Put a corrected copy in the mail tomorrow?
I'm so pissed off.

wildcataz2004

Re: Typo on personal statement
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 06:54:54 PM »
Just let it go- A revised copy will just draw attention to it. They probably read these things so fast they might not even catch it

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 06:55:51 PM »
I doubt they will even notice it. Don't worry about it.
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 07:02:34 PM »
Agreed, I wouldn't worry about it too much.......

And if it makes you feel better, I did the same thing, well sorta...... I finished up a PS and emailed it to my mom and sister to proofread (english teacher and english major), anyway they caught a few things and I saved it on my computer simply as a revised document, instead of just replacing the document with the typos. STUPID!! Anyway, I used the corrected version for that school, but when I modified my PS for other schools I reverted back to opening the unproofread version, and didn't catch it until I did my last application this past week....... I freaked out for a few days, but rereading it, it was actually just a few misplaced commas, so I'm not too worried.....
Texas Tech Law Class of '08