Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Valpo  (Read 2948 times)

LSATGuru

Re: Valpo
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 11:05:23 AM »
Meh, I think they're big-time closet LSAT mongers.  Their median is up to like 165ish.  I'm expecting to get waitlisted until March/April and then I think it'll be a 50/50 shot as far as acceptance.  Unless I get in the area of $8k or higher, I'm not going to even seriously consider  going  there.

It would be pretty sweet to have a JD from Notre Dame, but every time I think about how much it would help me, I revert back to the thought of our local State's Attorney (JD from ND) who was recently beat in his election because he's a major tool.  It reminds me that it's the reputation/work ethic that makes the lawyer, not the law school brand name.
Not bad...I wish I had gotten a fee waiver for Notre Dame...

bataviaSam

• AOL Instant Messenger - bataviaSam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 04:23:46 PM »
I went complete at Valpo on Nov. 8-- why haven't I received an acceptance letter? 159/3.9

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 04:27:48 PM »
Don't know, sam...perhaps you should call?
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

LSATGuru

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 04:54:57 PM »
Valpo can be weird.  I think one of the major reasons I got a quick response is because I visited the school and sat down with the director of admissions who seemed to like me.

Mfitz is really hot, so they probably gleaned that from her application (smelled like roses, hot girl handwriting, you get the gist) and admitted her promptly too. 

You'll get your letter. 

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »
Yeah, that picture of me in sexy lingerie I sent in probably didn't hurt either...

Caption:  Give me a full ride, and maybe you'll see the rest. ;)
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!