Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC preferred Waitlist  (Read 3089 times)

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: GULC preferred Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 06:10:29 PM »
just got mine too  :-\

And maybe I will get another LOR or something
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

BigBadBo

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 06:54:53 PM »
yikes - i hope i get mine tomorrow - or an acceptance :-\

rubbergun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 02:36:47 PM »
Just got letter stating I am on the GULC Preferred Waiting-List. I am very excited that I still have a chance at this awesome school. Does anyone have advice on how to correspond with them? Also, What are the real chances of being brought in?

ED/PT 163/3.35

drowles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 03:35:53 PM »
your numbers are almost the exact same as mine and we're both on the preferred "unranked" waitlist.. I think probably 5-10% get in off this list and probably less from part time, but at least we've got a shot..

Im an engineer with 2 yrs. work experience.. graduated from Tulane.. whats your story mang.. do you live in the d.c. area..
ATTENDING... UGA.. GO DAWGS!!!
Accepted: UGA, GW PT, Tulane
Dinged:GMU PT/FT
Priority Waitlist: Gtown PT
Waitlist: BC, WUSTL, Emory
Applied: GMU PT/FT, GW PT, Gtown PT, Emory, UGA, BC, Tulane, WUSTL

Incursion

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 04:11:09 PM »
I'm on it too.
3.97/157/166

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 04:23:49 PM »
I'm on it too.
Is it me, or is everyone receiving decisions today on the "preferred waitlist?"

rubbergun

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 05:50:55 PM »
Thanks dude.  I am from the NY area and am currently working for a large law firm.  I think they felt my personal statement.  I was pleasantly surprised to get onto the waitlist.  Good luck to both of us!  I wish someone cold tell us more about PT prospects...

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 05:56:34 PM »
Me too.

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 06:41:56 PM »
Thanks. I was kind of surprised myself but knew it was coming since I hadn't heard anything and submitted a long time ago. I prefer Duke anyway so it doesnt really feel too bad, however, I am worried that it is a bad sign for other schools I applied to like UVA/Cornell.

Does anyone know if Georgetown prefers a specific kind of applicant? I have no WE so I thought that might have been a reason.

Me too.

I really can't believe they put you on the waitlist!  Your numbers seem way too high for that - a 3.6/168 is not bad for GULC at all... I'm sorry - very glad you have the Duke acceptance, tho.

These strange denials and waitlists from Penn and GULC are making me very nervous...

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 07:45:43 PM »
I have great WE, and I'm on here with you (although my slack-ass got a crappy gpa, but hell most of my ECE ugrad friends from CMU have the same subpar gpa).  So it's case-by-case.  I also have crappy extras (besides work)

Thanks. I was kind of surprised myself but knew it was coming since I hadn't heard anything and submitted a long time ago. I prefer Duke anyway so it doesnt really feel too bad, however, I am worried that it is a bad sign for other schools I applied to like UVA/Cornell.

Does anyone know if Georgetown prefers a specific kind of applicant? I have no WE so I thought that might have been a reason.

Me too.

I really can't believe they put you on the waitlist!  Your numbers seem way too high for that - a 3.6/168 is not bad for GULC at all... I'm sorry - very glad you have the Duke acceptance, tho.

These strange denials and waitlists from Penn and GULC are making me very nervous...
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive