Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3rd or 4th tier Acceptances?  (Read 8236 times)

dcdjr23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd or 4th tier Acceptances?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 05:54:35 PM »
I received my acceptance from Texas Wesleyan last week.  Received scholarship offer equal to almost 75% of the tuition as long as I would remain in the top 3rd of the class.

Out of the 11 schools I applied to, it is number 10 in terms of preference.  I'm just happy to have the option and now I know I will be going to law school next year no matter what  :)
Attending: SMU  :=)

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2004, 06:45:52 PM »
What's wrong with Tulsa?  I heard the law school is really good.  Is the problem with the town or the school?
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

the REAL desi

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2004, 07:03:08 PM »
What's wrong with Tulsa?

Oh my god where do I begin?  In law school terminology, its an ultimate t.t.t. I hated growing up there, with a f-ing passion.  There is no social life there to speak of, and if you're not from Tulsa, getting a job in Tulsa will be difficult because its such a 5th tier legal market.  And TU law is an adequate law school, but it won't open doors like other schools in the region like UA or OU.  Tulsa is probably the worst city in the United States, and Oklahoma has to be the most t.t.t. state out there.  Maybe I'm biased because I hated growing up there, but it is just an awful town.  And another important thing to remember that the last remaining oil companies in the northeastern oklahoma area are in the process of moving down to Houston to be with their oil company buddies.

Anyway, I hate that place

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2004, 09:02:40 PM »
Accepted at Widener, both campuses, full scholarship. Yay. Finally an acceptance letter this week. I've applied to enough schools for it to be reasonable to expect at least one decision a week for the next couple of months! LOL!

wrmusgro

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2004, 09:21:30 PM »
Got a T4 acceptance today. Florida Coastal with some scholarship money.

Congrats on the acceptance to Florida Coastal. Be warned though, I'd take a look at the school before you decide to go. I am actually on a defferment from them, (which I will be informing them shortly that I will not be attending), but anyway, I took a look at the school last year after I got accepted, and I absolutely hated it! The school is in some old office buildings, and its accross from a Big Lots. But, on the positive side, the school has consistently high bar pass rates, (which in my mind count for a lot)and it gained full accreditation really fast. Their bar pass rates for this past year have them ahead of a lot of other schools in Florida. So its not the worst place to go. But anyway, it is nice to know that you'll be going somewhere isn't it? Did you get the 5 or 10 grand scholarship?

GoingtoLS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2004, 09:36:41 PM »
I had basically the same thoughts about Florida Coatal. From the pictures and what I've heard, I'm not crazy about the facilities. But, like you said, the bar passage rate is somewhat encouraging. Thanks for the info.

I got the $10,000 scholarship.

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2004, 01:31:29 AM »
in at depaul and john marshall and got money from both.

also in at university of arkansas (tier 2).

Duntov

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2004, 05:16:41 AM »
In at UMKC and VALPO ($18K scholarship at Valpo). 
Accepted:  Rutgers - Newark, Denver, UMKC, Suffolk, New England, Creighton, Vermont, Valpo with $18K/year, Golden Gate
Rejected: DePaul, GW, Mason, Richmond

funnyfunny

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2004, 04:43:23 PM »
I was accepted at Florida Coastal.  I applied to a lot of third and fourth tier schools.

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2004, 07:31:16 PM »
I was accepted to Golden Gate for this spring but I deferred until the fall. I'm still waiting on Southwestern and Chapman.