Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Missed my December LSAT-No Show?  (Read 3055 times)

laurie1975

• View Profile
Missed my December LSAT-No Show?
« on: December 07, 2004, 10:23:32 AM »
Hello,

I was registered to take the LSAT in December.  I was very ill and not able to make the test date.   I called to speak to a LSAC representative and was told the last day to change the test date was December 9th.  I attempted to do it today and was not able to and upon calling customer service back I was told that yesterday was the last day.  I am devastated to find that nothing can be done to change my test date.  I don't mind losing the money, but I am horrified to think that schools are going to see that I was registered and did not show up for the exam.  Like I said, losing the money is no big deal, the appearance that I will make to schools is very important to me.  I do not want the schools to think I blew off taking the test or just failed to appear.   I was given the incorrect information from one of the LSAC's representatives and don't feel it is fair that I be penalized for this. Is this a huge deal or not?  Anyone had any experience with this?

laurie1975

• View Profile
Re: Missed my December LSAT-No Show?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 10:47:19 AM »
Maybe I should have mentioned the illness involves a diagnosis of probable brain cancer?  Do you think I need to make some sort of explanation to schools?  Where would I do that?

maricutie

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 11:21:33 AM »
I would just cancel. There's still time, and for most schools I can't imagine you'd have to explain one cancelled LSAT score. Otherwise, I hear (rumored) that your test will get graded, giving you a 120. Not substantiated, so don't freak out, but I heard that somewhere here earlier. Do a search for previous posts regarding sickness and LSAT -- it's come up before. 

laurie1975

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 11:52:13 AM »
I heard I can't cancel a no-show. 

I did a search with no luck.

This is killing me...

Thanks for your imput

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 12:02:20 PM »
Relax.  If you do a search on LSD, you'll find the correct answer.  Until then, happy searching. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 02:03:37 PM »
Maybe I should have mentioned the illness involves a diagnosis of probable brain cancer?  Do you think I need to make some sort of explanation to schools?  Where would I do that?
How scary for you. I think you should just cancel, though. It's not going to count against you and you don't need to worry about an explanation.  I hope you are well and I hope that the probably diagnosis is wrong.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

japan

• my best friend is my headphones.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 08:36:34 PM »
I disagree.  I did not show up for an LSAT test..I was scheduled to take it in 2003.  I didnt tell LSDAS or LSAC...nobody...my LSDAS report says ABSENT.  and it is no big deal at all to any school i am applying to.  If you dont show..your report will say ABSENT. thats it.  it doesnt look bad on you at all.  no point in canceling..why cancel? what did you do that you need to cancel? 

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 09:17:49 PM »
Seems strange that you wouldn't be able to call LSAC BEFORE the day of the test if it was a legit reason. I mean, unless you woke up THE DAY OF the test with brain cancer, they'll probably say "why didn't you call before?"

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 11:01:12 PM »
Seems strange that you wouldn't be able to call LSAC BEFORE the day of the test if it was a legit reason. I mean, unless you woke up THE DAY OF the test with brain cancer, they'll probably say "why didn't you call before?"

I think if you were really sick for a few days before, like so sick you couldn't stand it, and then the day before you got a diagnosis of probable brain cancer, the last thing you'd be thinking about would be LSAC. I mean, it's your mortality!
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 10:00:36 AM »
If you are absent, they don't care.

An absent is even less important than a cancel..and cancels are completely okay.

Matt