Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are my chances????  (Read 1076 times)

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What are my chances????
« on: December 07, 2004, 12:10:34 AM »
I've been out of school for five years, had a 2.5 LSAC GPA with degree in Biology and Environmental Science.  Have worked in the Enviro. Consulting field for 4 years, now working directley with the implementation/interpretation of environmental legislation. Probably around a 160 on the LSAT.

Am I screwed with my GPA or will the work experience make up for it a bit??? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :-\

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What are my chances????
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 12:53:40 AM »
SOmebody has to have some insight.  In my mind, I  thought I might be ok because I had a fairly difficult major, I've been out of school for a while, and my current job deals directly with environmental law.... anyone?

bhvexille

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 12:55:28 AM »
75% or better chance to get into all of thse: Pace University School of Law   Mercer University—Walter F. George School of Law   West Virginia University College of Law   Howard University School of Law   Franklin Pierce Law Center   Marquette University Law School   University of Idaho College of Law   The University of Memphis—Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law   South Texas College of Law   Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico, School of Law   The Thomas M. Cooley Law School   Golden Gate University School of Law   University of Baltimore School of Law   Florida Coastal School of Law   Thomas Jefferson School of Law   Drake University Law School   Hofstra University School of Law   University of The District of Columbia—The David A. Clarke School of Law   Suffolk University Law School   William Mitchell College of Law   Northern Illinois University College of Law   Seton Hall University School of Law   University of Akron School of Law   Southern Illinois University School of Law   Hamline University School of Law   University of Detroit Mercy School of Law   Nova Southeastern University—Shepard Broad Law Center   Northern Kentucky University—Salmon P. Chase College of Law   Albany Law School of Union University   Texas Southern University—Thurgood Marshall School of Law   The University of Tulsa College of Law   New England School of Law   University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law   Ave Maria University School of Law   Ohio Northern University—Claude W. Pettit College of Law   Duquesne University School of Law   Samford University, Cumberland School of Law   University of South Dakota School of Law   University of Puerto Rico School of Law   Roger Williams University, Ralph R. Papitto School of Law   Inter American University School of Law   Texas Wesleyan University School of Law   Washburn University School of Law   Capital University Law School   Quinnipiac University School of Law   Appalachian School of Law   California Western School of Law   Mississippi College School of Law   Regent University School of Law   Oklahoma City University School of Law   Touro College—Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center   Whittier Law School   Willamette University College of Law   The University of Toledo College of Law   Western New England College School of Law   Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law   The John Marshall Law School   Western State University—College of Law   Michigan State University—DCL College of Law   University of Dayton School of Law   Widener University School of Law   St. Mary's University School of Law   St. Thomas University School of Law

bhvexille

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 12:56:53 AM »
http://www.chiashu.com/cgi-bin/lsac.cgi?gpa=2.5&lsat=160

You should probably apply to a bunch that accept 30-50% with your #s, because you have some unique things that, if exploited in a good PS, could make you one of those 30-50%