Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: God, I hate undergrad professors! Rant + Question  (Read 359 times)

Wild Hearted Son

• 167, 3.5
    • View Profile
God, I hate undergrad professors! Rant + Question
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:30:42 PM »
At least at my stupid state school (Cal Poly Pomona).  Just took a final, got a 92.8% in the class, professor insists on giving me an A-! The cutoff was a 93%! This *&^% always happens.  Anyways, on to my real question, I am a junior with currently a 3.1 GPA.  My major (information systems, really just a Business Admin concentration) rarely gives out A's.  Will law schools take this into consideration like they do engineering or should I change my major to a similar coursework(will not lose many credits), but much greater chance of raising my GPA, concentration of E-Business.  I already picked up a business law minor just because I really liked my business law classes.  Oh and I'm taking the LSAT this summer. 
Thanks!
Guns n Roses: USD, Colorado, Loyola LA, Pepperdine($$)
Poison (WL): Nowhere
Michael Bolton: Texas, Georgetown, Michigan

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: God, I hate undergrad professors! Rant + Question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:48:28 PM »
At least at my stupid state school (Cal Poly Pomona).  Just took a final, got a 92.8% in the class, professor insists on giving me an A-!
Thanks!

Your lucky, at my school you would have gotten a B+.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

dabears

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 09:04:03 AM »
Law schools do take the difficulty of your major into consideration.  But don't just switch to a different major because you think you can do better.  Pick a major that you enjoy and then you are much more likely to do well at it.  My advisor said that he always tells pre-law students to just have fun in college and take a wide variety of classes.  You will be a lot happier than picking courses that you think will please law schools.  Don't just take classes so they look good, but that being said also don't take a lot of classes like underwater basketweaving.

Wild Hearted Son

• 167, 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:52:46 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll stick with info systems.
Guns n Roses: USD, Colorado, Loyola LA, Pepperdine($$)
Poison (WL): Nowhere
Michael Bolton: Texas, Georgetown, Michigan