Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Withdraw  (Read 2246 times)

mailtime

• View Profile
Withdraw
« on: April 17, 2004, 05:28:23 PM »
everyone withdrawl from the schools that you know your not going to attend.  thank you

scolomon

Re: Withdraw
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 05:40:41 PM »
no please? I am tempted not to withdrawl now
Who are you to tell me what to do?

mailtime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 06:14:01 PM »
then dont

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 07:50:42 PM »
I hear ya!!!! It would be nice if people would withdraw from schools they don't want to go to. But some people like to hold on to all of them. So unfair but what are you going to do.

thechoson

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 10:46:24 PM »
I think hanging on to schools you are LEGITIMATELY interested in is totally your call.  You earned the right to do so by being accepted into that school, and it is in your best interest to take as long as you want to make the best decision.  You should always look out for good ole number 1. 
Having said that, if you KNOW you aren't going to some school, and just hanging out and waiting to let the deadline lapse, you are being moronic and plain rude.  So if  you are in that boat, by all means, withdraw!

Ziva

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 02:27:10 PM »
Is it "withdrawing" if you don't have a decision from a school yet and know you don't want to go there?

thechoson

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 02:31:10 PM »
Is it "withdrawing" if you don't have a decision from a school yet and know you don't want to go there?
Yep

scolomon

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 05:38:11 PM »
i never initially planned on going to hofstra
i also never expected a scholarship or a jump so high in the rankings
withdrawing makes little sense when you havent gotten a response yet
you have no idea what is in store
besides you paid a lot to put your app in, i think you should wait for your answer

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 05:00:51 AM »
Right, you should be able to hold on, but there should be a point when it's just plain better to withdraw. I know too many people with all their application decisions in and financial aid packages completed. Most of these same people have even sent in the letter of intent, started filling out the specific school's loan applications, looking for apartments (in some cases signing leases), reserved the Uhual, or bought the plane ticket. For the love of God, WITHDRAW if you are at this point. *pet peeve of the day off my shoulders*

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 07:37:10 PM »
If you feel you need to know where you got in before making your decision then by all means don't withdraw your application but for crying out loud if you know you will not be going somewhere contact the school and tell them so, whether you have a decision from them or are waitlisted or whatever, so that people who are in wait-list limbo can get on with their lives! Don't hang on just so that you can hang another scalp on your wall! (Forgive the gruesome metaphor...)