Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Did I get accepted to Georgetown??  (Read 2906 times)

Turtle2152

• View Profile
    • Email
Did I get accepted to Georgetown??
« on: December 06, 2004, 05:45:11 PM »
I checked my status online today and it changed to decision.  Does this mean I've been accepted?  I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected or wait-listed at this point.  Can someone confirm this??

My stats are 163, 3.5, PT, 1 year WE, non-URM

NYKnicks

Re: Did I get accepted to Georgetown??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 05:46:49 PM »
Search the board, or read some of the other threads. Plenty have been rejected.

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 05:49:25 PM »
Unfortunately, rejections have gone out. In fact, for the last few days, there seem to have been ONLY rejects.

Of course, that doesn't mean that every single person getting a decision now will be a reject (at least I hope not, since I'm one of them!) - but it does mean it could go either way.

You'll have to wait and see. :-\

Meanwhile, if you want to drive yourself crazy - try searching at www.lawschoolnumbers.com

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 06:08:44 PM »
Your numbers make you an auto admit IMO. That would lead me to beleive that if your status changed to decision today then they arent all going to be rejects.

Of course, that doesn't mean that every single person getting a decision now will be a reject (at least I hope not, since I'm one of them!) - but it does mean it could go either way.

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 09:00:02 PM »
Your numbers make you an auto admit IMO. That would lead me to beleive that if your status changed to decision today then they arent all going to be rejects.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. That is why I posted my stats in the other thread, because it should be good news for me just based on numbers - so hopefully this is not exclusively a round of rejects. (However, I'm not taking anything for granted until I have the letter in hand. And nothing came in the mail today.) 

Actually, when you think about it, there's less than a week left for EA/ED decsions to go out - I imagine that the "Monday admit" pattern that we saw earlier won't apply this week. Decisions will probably go out as they are reached, all week long.

It's going to be a long week. :-\

ariom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:23:14 AM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence. That is why I posted my stats in the other thread, because it should be good news for me just based on numbers - so hopefully this is not exclusively a round of rejects. (However, I'm not taking anything for granted until I have the letter in hand. And nothing came in the mail today.) 

Actually, when you think about it, there's less than a week left for EA/ED decsions to go out - I imagine that the "Monday admit" pattern that we saw earlier won't apply this week. Decisions will probably go out as they are reached, all week long.

It's going to be a long week. :-\

I agree.  You're numbers are fantastic.  The only thing I could think of that would make sense if they're not sending out more acceptances is that they decided to waitlist you (to protect their yield ratio) because you're such a strong candidate that you'd end up at a better school, and I'm sure they'd gladly accept you if you assured them you'd come.  This is a purely complementry post, so please don't think I'm saying you're not getting in-- I'm really just running my ignorant mouth like everyone else.

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 12:25:41 AM »
Err, I just changed to decision as well (12/6) and I have crappy numbers.  Don't know what this means, but I'm expecting a thin rejection letter any day now...

Junglelnd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 08:24:36 AM »
I changed to decision on 12/6 as well.  I'm expecting a big ding, but who knows?
167 3.45(3.34)
Accepted: GMU, UGA, UMD, Catholic, GWU, American
Waitlisted: GULC-FT, Vandy
Pending: Fordham (late addition)

Turtle2152

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 08:31:05 AM »
Does the status change to 'decision' usually before or after a letter is sent out?? Mine changed to decision on 12/6 so I hope I'm not included in that batch of rejection letters that went out on 12/3

Bearizzzle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 09:19:09 AM »
I'm so confused....my status changed to decision on Friday. I live about 10 minutes from G-town, so I would have thought I would get anything if it were sent out on friday. Hmmmm.....

Does anyone know why there have not been any deferrals at all?

With my stats, I was hoping not to be an auto-ding...I was hoping for a deferral. It doesn't look like there have been any dings for people with similar numbers as mine....hmmmmmm! Confusing. Pllllllleeeease G-town, give me a deferral at least!! :-[
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious!