Law School Discussion

Best increase from highest-prep test score to the real thing?

Best increase from highest-prep test score to the real thing?
« on: December 06, 2004, 01:20:50 PM »
Just wondering what people have seen around here.

I've seen people talk about the 10 point decreases from their best prep-test to their real LSAT score.  I've also seen mild increases (1 - 2 points) as well as constant scores.

Has anyone even seen anyone increase dramatically from their best prep test?  For example, have anyone gone from a personal best of 162 on their prep tests to a 166 or so on the real thing?

Just wondering if there is any hope for me.  The more time goes by, the better I feel I did on the saturday's test.

Matthew_24_24

• Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best increase from highest-prep test score to the real thing?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 01:23:10 PM »
There is one guy who had a high of 157 on all of his preptests who scored 161. That's 4 points.

I remember a couple other stories of 3-5 points.

Matt

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 01:33:42 PM »
How common (or uncommon) is that?

luluhallmark

• GPA 3.8-LSAT:TOO ASHAMED TO POST!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 01:41:46 PM »
Maybe I'm just stupid or something but I've always scored on prep tests around 151-157, but until Saturday have never taken the test at one time, plus, when I did take the tests, I was always distracted (kids) so I feel more confident that I did awesome on Saturday.  Like I said, I might have some kind of idiotic reaction to the test I took on Saturday but feel really good about it.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 01:51:06 PM »
I got 178 on the October test, after scoring 168-172 on practice tests the week before.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 01:55:45 PM »
I had maxed out (once) at 171, and was relatively consistent at 168/169 until test day, where I got a 174. My problem was that I was generally unable to finish all four games in time and had to guess on Game #4, whereas on test day I got through all 4. That was pretty much the difference. If I had gotten a different set of games, I probably would have been at 168/169.

Mike

luluhallmark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 01:57:06 PM »
I got 178 on the October test, after scoring 168-172 on practice tests the week before.

Wow Em!!!!  Man, I sure hope I have your luck/skill.  Why do you that happened? 

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 03:43:30 PM »

Wow Em!!!!  Man, I sure hope I have your luck/skill.  Why do you that happened? 

Part of it was just getting comfortable with the test; I learned that I could complete all of the questions in a section with a few minutes to spare, which sorts of questions I was likely to mis-read, and what sort of copying-answers-to-the-scoresheet pattern I liked.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 04:36:32 PM »
My actual LSAT (October '04) was 6 points higher than my highest prep test (low/mid 170s).  I think the secret with me was that during prep tests I always rushed through them and made really, really stupid mistakes because I didn't want to sit there for two hours.  During the real thing, I checked every answer, made sure I copied the answer correctly to the score sheet, and had a real easy time with the games.

luluhallmark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 04:45:08 PM »
 :o I truly feel like I did better than in my prep tests.  Oh well, we'll see.  Do they ever email the test results earlier than stated?