Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Part-time in D.C.  (Read 1591 times)

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Part-time in D.C.
« on: April 17, 2004, 01:14:48 PM »
Has anyone else applied to the following part-time programs in D.C.? If so, when did you apply, when did you receive your decision, and what are your stats?

*  GWU
*  American
*  University of Maryland
*  Catholic University

I received an acceptance from Catholic, but haven't heard from anywhere else yet. I am hoping to attend American, since they have awesome clinical programs. My stats are 158 and 3.43 (from UVA) and I am currently an editor for LexisNexis. I contacted American and an admissions counselor said they recently completed my application and I should receive a decision in a few weeks. I think I'm in for some bad news since I didn't take the LSATs until February (delaying completion of my application), and it was right after my brother had heart surgery. Ugh, so much stress!

Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Part-time in D.C.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 01:15:55 PM »
Sorry, wrong board. I'm moving this thread over to the general forum.
Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

ccptexas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 10:58:37 AM »
hey.

i am on the waiting list for the part time program at gw.  i applied full time, got wait-listed, and the switched to part time.  unfortunately, i still haven't heard from the.  i have a 161 and a 3.8 (from georgetown).

as for other dc schools, i was rejected from georgetown and accepted to the full time day program at american.  i will probably attend there. 

good luck to you!  i know that it's s tressful time, but i'm sure that it will all work out in the end!

caroline

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 12:08:33 PM »
ccptexas,

You have great stats, so I am sure you will do well. Out of all the D.C. law school students I've talked with, American tends to get the highest praise. Plus, it's in D.C., and the opportunities seem pretty endless. I'm especially interested in public interest work, and there is much more of that in D.C. than in Charlottesville ...  ;)
- Wiesel