Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions  (Read 7182 times)

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
Re: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 10:28:28 AM »

I just got an acceptance call from George Mason as well.  Yay!

Yay! Congrats Eileen! 8)

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 10:29:56 AM »
Awesome, and we have very similar stats... Ring DAMNIT!!!  
Mason's not that bad either, my siter went and has a choice job (then again she graduated 3rd and was on law review and moot court, damn I don't want to work _that_ hard... kidding)

I just got an acceptance call from George Mason as well.  Yay!
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 10:30:37 AM »
man i think if i got a phone call from any of the schools i applied to i'd start bawling like a baby and seem like a total idiot.. they'd probably take back the acceptance :)

LSATGuru

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 10:43:07 AM »
awwwww :-) I think Stanford calls their accepted people, and your numbers suggest you'd have a shot there, did you apply?  That wouldn't be bawling--I'd probably pass out :)

PS: I think you're a dead lock for your #1 choice on LawSchoolNumbers--you should be shooting higher IMO.

man i think if i got a phone call from any of the schools i applied to i'd start bawling like a baby and seem like a total idiot.. they'd probably take back the acceptance :)

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 10:55:44 AM »
PS: I think you're a dead lock for your #1 choice on LawSchoolNumbers--you should be shooting higher IMO.

haha that just made my day totally! aren't you sweet. :)

i just figured my lsat was too low to get into many of the top schools.. and i am definitely going into environmental law, and george washington has an incredible environmental program, that's why it's my first choice.  i'm stressing horribly about getting in though.. i really wish they'd get with it and start sending out decisions!

thanks for the support though.. and congrats on gmu! :)

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 11:00:46 AM »
thanks guys for making me feel a little more confident  :D  good luck to you too!!

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 11:02:50 AM »
Hey guys... I got a psycho/stupid question.  Did they call from a 703 or was the number blocked.  I don't answer the phone when it's an unknown number.

LSATGuru

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 11:07:44 AM »
I've heard from past applicants that GWU is fairly slow.  I think they're part of the group of schools (many state schools do this--bureaucracies) that wait until December 15th or January 15th (or even later in some cases) to start reviewing all their applications regardless of when they were received. Notre Dame explicitly told me they don't look at any "regular admission" applicants until December 15th, regardless of when they arrive and are complete. And even to be admitted that week you have to have credentials "far above average."  I suppose this means being a few points above their median LSAT of 164.5 and GPA of 3.6ish with great extras.  

This is probably the same case at GWU.  They are reluctant to send out a bunch of "accepts" to people who they know are ideal (like you) because they don't want to "front flood" the class and be forced to deny people who took the Dec. & Feb. LSAT with equally good credentials. They also probably use this "none before December 15th" approach.  

It seems unfair, but I think it's the system used by most schools looking for true diversity rather than high LSATs/GPAs.  

i just figured my lsat was too low to get into many of the top schools.. and i am definitely going into environmental law, and george washington has an incredible environmental program, that's why it's my first choice.  i'm stressing horribly about getting in though.. i really wish they'd get with it and start sending out decisions!

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 11:10:01 AM »
Thanks for the analysis.

I've heard from past applicants that GWU is fairly slow.  I think they're part of the group of schools (many state schools do this--bureaucracies) that wait until December 15th or January 15th (or even later in some cases) to start reviewing all their applications regardless of when they were received. Notre Dame explicitly told me they don't look at any "regular admission" applicants until December 15th, regardless of when they arrive and are complete. And even to be admitted that week you have to have credentials "far above average."  I suppose this means being a few points above their median LSAT of 164.5 and GPA of 3.6ish with great extras.  

This is probably the same case at GWU.  They are reluctant to send out a bunch of "accepts" to people who they know are ideal (like you) because they don't want to "front flood" the class and be forced to deny people who took the Dec. & Feb. LSAT with equally good credentials. They also probably use this "none before December 15th" approach.  

It seems unfair, but I think it's the system used by most schools looking for true diversity rather than high LSATs/GPAs.  

LSATGuru

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2004, 11:11:19 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but your avatar is truly disturbing, THalkey.  

I got an email from Anne Richards (Asst. Dean) telling me to call her at her direct phone number which was a 703 (Arlington/DC) number.  

I didn't check the caller ID, but my dad told me that a lady called earlier that day and she asked for me, then told him she'd email me since I wasn't there to talk.  

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.  With your numbers you should have no problem getting into GMU and will probably get the mailing with your acceptance letter in the next 10 days.  
Hey guys... I got a psycho/stupid question.  Did they call from a 703 or was the number blocked.  I don't answer the phone when it's an unknown number.