Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions  (Read 7196 times)

LSATGuru

Re: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2004, 08:27:29 AM »
I hope you're preparing to be accountable for your chosen words when the time comes.

HTH

Shut up with the bible make-believe. 

Haha,

Matt

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2004, 09:54:34 AM »
whoa what happened... I'm so confused.

Are we not talking about getting phone calls from Anne anymore?
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

LSATGuru

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2004, 10:07:27 AM »
Read page 3 of this thread at the bottom. It's in regard to Matthew_24_24's tasteless comment. 

You're right--let's regain the topic at hand. 

I think it's a good idea if your sister is more than an acquaintance with Anne to call.  If she's just  an indirect contact, though, it may come off as pandering--plus, you don't need any extra help, you'll get in.  They're probably just taking an "administrative" break after admitting a bunch of people.  You've got nothing to worry about.  There are 100,000 people applying this cycle and you scored better than 99,000 of them on the LSAT. 

whoa what happened... I'm so confused.

Are we not talking about getting phone calls from Anne anymore?

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2004, 10:23:29 AM »
I think it's a good idea if your sister is more than an acquaintance with Anne to call.  If she's just  an indirect contact, though, it may come off as pandering--plus, you don't need any extra help, you'll get in.  They're probably just taking an "administrative" break after admitting a bunch of people.  You've got nothing to worry about.  There are 100,000 people applying this cycle and you scored better than 99,000 of them on the LSAT. 

Thanks for the recorrect.  Um, well it's done, she already called.  But the only reason she did is that when she was recruiting for her firm there last year she mentioned that I was applying and they told her to call after I applied.

(And I'm not at all worried, I just kinda want that first "yes"... ya'know)
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

LSATGuru

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2004, 10:29:18 AM »
IF she said "Call me after he applies" then yeah, definitely nothing wrong with her calling.