Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions  (Read 8139 times)

jaxon

Re: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2004, 12:01:17 PM »
the only thing more disturbing than cats, are men who own cats

No problem, I have a kitty of my own. He's more of a tan-ish beige color--about 2 years old, I'll post a picture later.  I'm planning on committing kitty larceny when I leave for school if I get a 1BR that allows pets.  My parents will probably allow me to do so if I sell them on the appeal of getting a new 3 month old kitten (or a pair of them  :o)

Whenever I'm laying on my bed playing videogames or watching TV he always jumps up and lays down next to me--far more preferable than a dog jumping on me and slobbering.  I think he'll allow me to take focus off my studies if I have him around next year.   

Side note: Do your cats lick windows?  Mine will sit there for 10-15 minutes straight and lick the sliding door glass or a window upstairs, quite strange behavior.
he is around seven months old, yeah he's totally white on his tummy. how old is yours?

and apologies to Seņor Robusteza De Libertad for taking your thread over to talk about cats :)

Bearizzzle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2004, 12:42:47 PM »
what did you guys say when the dean called? I'm nervous  - i just got a vm from her and have to call back. What do i say....yippeee!!!
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious!

Junglelnd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2004, 12:46:15 PM »
I just got off the phone with her.  Unfortunately I was busy at work and couldn't talk long.  (Also, I was nervous)

Talk about a ig relief -- I will go to law school somewhere!
167 3.45(3.34)
Accepted: GMU, UGA, UMD, Catholic, GWU, American
Waitlisted: GULC-FT, Vandy
Pending: Fordham (late addition)

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2004, 12:46:56 PM »
Awesome!!!
Congrats

what did you guys say when the dean called? I'm nervous  - i just got a vm from her and have to call back. What do i say....yippeee!!!
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

Bearizzzle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2004, 12:49:53 PM »
did she ask you all any questions or make small talk? i am at work too, so i'm trying to figure out if I should duck outside to make the call....hmm.

how exciting :)
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious!

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2004, 12:50:20 PM »
congrats to you guys!!!

and no, my boy doesn't lick windows, but he does grind his teeth a lot. it's really funny, you'll just hear this noise and be like wtf is that, and then realize it's the cat grinding away.

and guys who dig cats are hot.

:D

Junglelnd

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2004, 01:04:27 PM »
No questions, but she was friendly.  My office mate says it sounded like I brushed her off so I'm sending a letter saying it was good to hear from her and that i'm excited about the admission offer, but also apologize for the brevity of our conversation.
167 3.45(3.34)
Accepted: GMU, UGA, UMD, Catholic, GWU, American
Waitlisted: GULC-FT, Vandy
Pending: Fordham (late addition)

eileen2004

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2004, 01:16:37 PM »

Congratulations to both of you!   :)

dubris

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2004, 02:09:35 PM »
I got a call too. The dean was very nice. I'm on LSN if you want my stats. I applied for FT.

LSATGuru

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2004, 02:12:15 PM »
Me: Hi Ms. Richard, I noticed you emailed me about 50 minutes ago, how can I help you?

Her: Oh, hello, thank for getting back to me so quickly.  I'd just like to inform you that, on behalf of George Mason University law school, you have been accepted and we would love if you would join us in our fall 2005 entering class

Me: Wow, that's really exciting to hear, I'm very enthused.  I'm really interested in international law and I noticed that George Mason's law school was originally the (something) School of International Law."  It seems like it'd be a great school for my interests. 

etc... etc...

Just say something normal.