Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions  (Read 7683 times)

eileen2004

Re: Personal "Acceptance" Call from George Mason's Dean of Admissions
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 11:16:15 AM »
Awesome, and we have very similar stats... Ring DAMNIT!!!  
Mason's not that bad either, my siter went and has a choice job (then again she graduated 3rd and was on law review and moot court, damn I don't want to work _that_ hard... kidding)

I just got an acceptance call from George Mason as well.  Yay!

Good to know.  GMU isn't my first choice, but I think I'd be happy going there next year should things work out that way.  And it's nice to know that I'm wanted somewhere.  Maybe now I can stop rocking back and forth in my chair and wringing my hands for a little while and get some actual work done.  

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 11:17:25 AM »
yeah, i've heard varying things about gwu - they themselves on their webpage say they start reviewing in december; someone on xoxohth said they called, and the ad coms told them they'd be sending out decisions the first week of december; someone on this board wrote them and they said they'd start sending out acceptances december 15th. so whoooo knoooooows ;)

i'm so obsessed. i think 75% or more of my posts on this forum have been about gwu. haha! :)

eileen2004

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 11:20:16 AM »
yeah, i've heard varying things about gwu - they themselves on their webpage say they start reviewing in december; someone on xoxohth said they called, and the ad coms told them they'd be sending out decisions the first week of december; someone on this board wrote them and they said they'd start sending out acceptances december 15th. so whoooo knoooooows ;)

Well, based on LSN, they started sending out acceptances around this time last year.  Honestly, I think you'll be one of the first to get one once they begin notifying.  Then you can tell us about it and I can start fretting over when/if I'll hear from them.  It's going to be fun.   :D 

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 11:20:39 AM »
Disturbing?  Thanks.  That's me, drunk, in Greece.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your avatar is truly disturbing, THalkey.  
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 11:26:19 AM »
oh eileen i think that awesome lsat makes you a DEFINITE, particularly for part time!!

and interestingly, your cat looks a lot like my cat:

[img width= height=]http://www.wfu.edu/~edwahs1/moonandmyboob.jpg[/img]

eileen2004

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 11:32:32 AM »

Thanks for the kind words.  GW was actually the scene of my notable underperformance as an undergrad though, so I'm not sure how anxious they're going to be to take me back.  We'll see what happens. 

We do have very similar looking cats.  Yours looks like it has a lot more white on it than mine does.  How old is he/she?   

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 11:35:04 AM »
he is around seven months old, yeah he's totally white on his tummy. how old is yours?

and apologies to Seņor Robusteza De Libertad for taking your thread over to talk about cats :)

eileen2004

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

Mine is about the same age.  He was born in April and I adopted him and a darker gray female kitten from a shelter in July.   

jaxon

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2004, 11:52:32 AM »
cats are smelly

LSATGuru

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2004, 11:57:42 AM »
No problem, I have a kitty of my own. He's more of a tan-ish beige color--about 2 years old, I'll post a picture later.  I'm planning on committing kitty larceny when I leave for school if I get a 1BR that allows pets.  My parents will probably allow me to do so if I sell them on the appeal of getting a new 3 month old kitten (or a pair of them  :o)

Whenever I'm laying on my bed playing videogames or watching TV he always jumps up and lays down next to me--far more preferable than a dog jumping on me and slobbering.  I think he'll allow me to take focus off my studies if I have him around next year.   

Side note: Do your cats lick windows?  Mine will sit there for 10-15 minutes straight and lick the sliding door glass or a window upstairs, quite strange behavior.
he is around seven months old, yeah he's totally white on his tummy. how old is yours?

and apologies to Seņor Robusteza De Libertad for taking your thread over to talk about cats :)