Law School Discussion

Loyola Law School (LA)

Re: Loyola Law School (LA)
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 05:51:27 PM »
Eh... Loyola's fine.  There are some older buildings that are in a state of disrepair around there, but it's right down the street from Staples Center, and that whole part of downtown is booming with development.  New condos, etc.

I wouldn't call Southwestern sketchy either... but it's in a less desirable spot than Loyola.

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 12:27:02 PM »
debstar,

hi, how's it going? thanks for the insight on LLS and Southwestern. are you a student at either school or just familiar with the area in general?

debstar

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 08:01:46 PM »
Eh..I don't have much insight on either schools, just the areas because I grew up in the area.

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 12:42:43 AM »
hehe...sorry, i meant the areas wherein LLS and SW are located :)

mememe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 07:46:54 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys!  I'm still a little sketched out by the area, but I suppose I could adjust.  Since I went to UG in a small college town with only one main drag, and currently live in DC where I don't even own a car, I think it will be weird to have to commute to school 30 min. or more depending on traffic.  If I go to LLS, I will definitely miss the collegial atmosphere of a larger college.
Also, I had no idea that they deffered so many students from last year!  I suppose that will make admissions harder for the rest of us this year.  yuck.

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2004, 02:43:47 PM »
Well, I know they had a record number of applications last year, and this year it is supposed to be lighter.  Then again, they did go up on the rankings a bit.  DC is quite a ways away.  Do you eventually want to practice in the LA area?

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »
If I go to LLS, I will definitely miss the collegial atmosphere of a larger college.

USC is down the street.  Go watch a couple of football games... you'll feel better. ;)

mememe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »
DC is quite a ways away. Do you eventually want to practice in the LA area?
Yeah...I grew up in SoCal in went to school out east.  I definitely want to return to Cali for law school and hopefully live there forever.  I miss the weather so much!

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2004, 10:19:35 PM »
DC is quite a ways away. Do you eventually want to practice in the LA area?
Yeah...I grew up in SoCal in went to school out east.  I definitely want to return to Cali for law school and hopefully live there forever.  I miss the weather so much!

Yea, I am up in Nor Cal and I would rather be back down south.  I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when they offered me the deferrment.  I don't care if the school is in the "ghetto."  I am there!  :D  Besides, it can't be much worse than Hastings up here in SF. ;)

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2004, 11:02:06 PM »
I miss the weather so much!

I couldn't agree more. I'm looking forward to going back to socal soon. I'm freezing in chi town!