Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at NYU  (Read 10819 times)

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
  • Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted at NYU
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2004, 08:11:06 PM »
I'm in too.  My stats are below--GPA not that great (for them).

Quite happy.  Though intimidated by the prospect of finding housing in NYC. 

-A

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2004, 08:21:55 PM »
To the OP, NYU is located at the very southern end of Manhattan off Washington Square.  It's part of the village - which is known for cool restaurants, funky shops, and a vibrant youth presence.  It's really one of the coolest spots in town.
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

calguy815

• Sr. Citizen
  • NYU '07
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calguy815
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2004, 08:33:30 PM »
Congrats to everyone who were admitted!  I'm actually on the committee of a student group that organizes Admitted Students Day events, so you'll be getting a letter from us soon detailing what we have planned for you.  Should be fun.  I encourage you all to come and visit the school during those days.

If you have any questions or need any information, I'll be glad to help in any way I can (though it is finals time, so it may not be too timely).  I'm sure I'll be in contact with some of you anyway next semester as Admitted Students Day gets closer.  Again, congratulations.

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2004, 08:36:52 PM »
Hey Calguy!

I'm still flipping out over getting in.  I'll definitely be attending one of the receptions.

How's your first year going so far?

calguy815

• Sr. Citizen
  • NYU '07
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calguy815
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2004, 08:42:44 PM »
Hey Calguy!

I'm still flipping out over getting in.  I'll definitely be attending one of the receptions.

How's your first year going so far?

It's been absolutely amazing.  I moved from CA and I am so glad I have a chance to live in NYC.  I can't believe I ever had doubts about moving to this city.  I still plan on moving back to San Francisco after graduation, but for these next three years, I am going to enjoy everything I can about this place.  The city life is just incredible, and you can't ask to be in a better area than this, surrounded by such a vibrant scene.  And while I'm sure that the academic and social atmosphere is pretty great at all the top schools, I definitely find that people at NYU are brilliant and kind, and the intellectual and social atmosphere is exactly what I hoped for in a law school.

Suffice to say, I love it here.

Though I suppose since I have finals this week, I really should be studying instead of posting on message boards...

ja13

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2004, 08:46:55 PM »
accepted with a 166/3.95. shocked. it's my top/2nd choice so i'm really excited. i applied end of october, and received my complete email on nov 29.

wow.

What do you think was your strongest quality that gained you admittance?

honestly, i don't know. i thought i had a pretty solid personal statement (wrote about work experience and how it contributed to my personality). i sent in an additional statement (1 pg) that i thought revealed more about myself and my interest in NYU. my extracurriculars are fine but not amazing. i have no idea how good the recommendations were.

so i really don't know what it was exactly that put me over the top. i would assume something in my statements stood out, but i'm not sure. just excited to be in at all.

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2004, 08:49:02 PM »
Go for it.  I'll be around...and good luck.

Quaker

buster

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2004, 08:57:28 PM »
in by large envelope

sent 9/26, complete 10/21

3.56/177/4.0 MS Info Sys/9+ yrs. WE/non-URM

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 10:09:09 PM »
Congrats, everyone! 8)

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2004, 10:11:07 PM »
in by happy phone call from boyfriend asking info on nyu's mascot (anyone know?) and reading of letter from large envelope  :o

woo hoo!  congrats buster and others!  :D