Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: entertainment & sports law  (Read 2112 times)

Porsha Hands

entertainment & sports law
« on: July 16, 2002, 10:35:22 AM »
Best schools for Entertainment & Sports Law?

Zoe

Re: entertainment & sports law
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 04:53:15 AM »
I've heard UCLA and USC are definately good places to go.... after all for entertainment... LA is the place.
Good Luck
Z

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 02:34:31 PM »
I agree, aim for a school that's in the market you want to be in (NY, LA, Nashville for Entertainment).  Regional reputation will help you in the job search.  For example, a lot of the big firms hire primarily from the very top schools, but usually they have a few local favorites thrown in the mix too.  Check out nalpdirectory.com, do a search for entertainment law and check out the on-campus hiring from some of the firms you might want to work at someday.

Rob

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 03:25:35 AM »
Don't get your hopes up.  Every guy in America wants to be a sports agent, and you have to be best friends with David Falk to make it happen.  It's all about contacts and nothing about school.

Sports West

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 01:45:25 PM »
San Francisco is one of the hubs of sports representation. Berkeley, Hastings, USF are excellent for this field. Forget about getting into the business if you didn't play a sport in college.  The days of average sports fan turned agent are over.  Athletes these days demand that their agents be able to relate to them, and unless you played they see right through you.