Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This topic may help you improve your score!  (Read 4144 times)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
This topic may help you improve your score!
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:09:27 PM »
I’ve alluded in several posts to the “dead game types”.  On my test administration (Oct 4, 2003) there was a circular sequencing game, a game type which had not been on the test in many years, and this leads me to believe that the game types you are told not to study are actually vitally important to the modern LSAT.  So, I decided to give you guys a list of “dead games” as listed by Kaplan.  Unfortunately, the very game type I faced (circular sequencing) is not delineated in this list, but I’m sure you can find these games on your own.  If you study these games hard, then you will be at a big advantage over other test takers.  Good luck with studying.

Test #      Game #   Game type
2      3      numbers
4      4      mapping
6      3      spatial
6      4      mapping
8      2      spatial
10      3      process
11      4      process
12      4      process
13      4      process
15      2      spatial
16      4      process
18      3      mapping
18      4      process
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

midnight oil

• WcoastNegril
    • View Profile
Re: This topic WILL improve your score!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:19:33 PM »
so, what are you saying?  how do you know we will be at an advantage by studying these games and how is it that we should expect these game types to be on the upcoming tests?

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 11:27:52 PM »
I've heard that the june 03 test had a mapping game.  The Oct 03 test had a round table sequencing game.  While there is no guarantee that a "dead game" will be on the test you take, it seems like LSAC is using dead games as a way to increase the difficulty level, in the face of so many students taking prep courses.  If you study these games and then there isn't one on the test you take, you haven't lost anything but some time.  On the other hand, if one of these game types is on the test, then you now have an uperhand on almost every student who will be taking that test with you.  Honestly, I'm quite certarin I would have scored a 178-180 instead of a 175 if I'd done a few circular sequencing games.  Trying to figure out how to draw an unfamiliar diagram on the real test is definilty not a good thing. . .
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

dta

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 01:47:14 AM »
this is funny - one HORRIBLE prep book I read stressed the importance of "family relationship" games. You know - John is billy's father. Sue is billy's daughter. If John is married to Henrietta and Henrietta's fathers is ... blah ... blah ...blah

I don't think there's been any such question on any LSAT. It was just hilarious how much space in the prep book was devoted to these types of problems. That's the only prep book i've read that was so useless I stopped reading it before complete and didn't take all the practice tests it provided.

Venn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: This topic may help you improve your score!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 02:42:04 AM »
Old generation games are easier than than the newer ones. I have seen Family Trees on some simulated LSATs. They are fairly simple. Just draw a simple diagram and use common sense.

For example, if Alex is Ben's cousin, then either Alex's father is Ben's uncle or Alex's mother is Ben's aunt and they share one set of grandparents.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 12:01:40 AM »
I went to a sushi buffet today. i know the idea sounds bad, but the sushi is preopared fresh every fifteen minutes, so you just end up eating tons of sushi for a really good price.  The place was called minado's, btw.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 12:39:38 AM »
sushi rocks!

:D ...yuum

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 12:49:31 AM »
I went to a sushi buffet today. i know the idea sounds bad, but the sushi is preopared fresh every fifteen minutes, so you just end up eating tons of sushi for a really good price.  The place was called minado's, btw.

im the biggest fan of minado because i love buffets...but i think their sushi is just not that good, even for buffet standards.  small pieces, not enough choices (its all the cheap stuff), and its frozen before they thaw it so some of the pieces seem to have freezer burn.  ive been to two of the minado restaurants (little ferry and 32nd st) and both of them were subpar for sushi. 

all the other stuff is awesome.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 12:58:08 AM »

im the biggest fan of minado because i love buffets...but i think their sushi is just not that good, even for buffet standards.  small pieces, not enough choices (its all the cheap stuff), and its frozen before they thaw it so some of the pieces seem to have freezer burn.  ive been to two of the minado restaurants (little ferry and 32nd st) and both of them were subpar for sushi. 

all the other stuff is awesome.

I actually found the non raw items to be good bets for sushi.  The ebi and tamago sushi were good, as were all the tofu based pieces.  But I agree that the raw suchi didn't really cut it.  My favorite things were the little cakes for desert  ;)

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 01:02:30 AM »
dang....we don't even have sushi buffetts in minneapolis....!

::)