Law School Discussion

Looking for information on Georgia Law

Re: Looking for information on Georgia Law
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 08:21:07 AM »
Sometimes I'm not sure.  But my parents live there as do tons of my friends from high school that never moved away.  I always have a blast when I go back.

I think Athens does have some (if not a lot) of options for older students.  There are some bars that the undergrads stay away from.  And its so close to Atlanta, you can always escape if you need to.

I can say that every grad student I know that lives in Athens loves it there.  I didn't go to UGA undergrad--I went to a really small school so I may be in a little bit of a different situation.

the REAL desi

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 08:39:57 AM »
I went to school at UF, and I absolutely loved it, but I can't imagine going back there now.

amen

ahoipkem

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 12:23:53 PM »
savannah- Thanks for the apartment tips. I'll definitely look into the apartment on Broad St. Is it called University Towers? Are there any other conveniently located apartment complexes you can think of? Or even not-so-conveniently-located places with good reputations?

ahoipkem

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 12:37:27 PM »
This is for anyone else looking for apartments in Athens....I found a good website listing most, if not all, of the apartment complexes in the city with reviews by former/current tenants. You can get a pretty decent picture of what each place is like while taking the comments with a grain of salt.

lazybum

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 01:01:40 PM »
Yes, it is called University Towers.  <Sorry, I should've said that originally!>

I can't think of any others that are as conveniently located as the UTs (or River Mill), but there are plenty of reputable places to live in Athens.  There's a complex called The Reserve off campus (maybe a five-ten minute drive) that has a good rep.  Gated community, nice amenities, very safe, all that jazz.  If price isn't an issue for you, there are a ton of houses to choose from, both for rent and sale.  There are some really nice houses (older, historical almost) out behind the baseball field <I couldn't begin to give you addresses, but if you contacted a real estate agent- or even the visitors center (of UGA), they'd know how to get you started>.  A house is probably your best bet, by the way, if you're wanting to avoid the undergrads and all their partying.  <But again, the UTs were excellent in this regard.> 

Oooh, just thought of another place- called Campus Lodge Apartments.  They're a fairly new complex so I don't know THAT much about them, but all of my friends that lived there really really enjoyed it and it is also really close to campus.

Hopefully, that'll help a bit :\
Good luck :)