Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The order of sections and experimental--Does it affect score?  (Read 501 times)

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The order of sections and experimental--Does it affect score?
« on: December 05, 2004, 09:06:02 PM »
I thought a little bit about this, and I was wondering what you guys think:
Does the order of your sections and what experimental you recieve affect your score?
Personally I thought I got the best ordering/experimental possible. I got:
LR
RC
LG
--
LG
LR

A little LR to warm up the brain and get the logic going. Then the RC when you're really focused, then some games for fun. Then more games for fun, and the easy LR on the home stretch.
Last time when I took it in October I had an extra LR section, and it was brutal to have to do LR,RC,LR--LR,LG
I wonder if the LSAT ppl have thought of this?

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: The order of sections and experimental--Does it affect score?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 09:13:32 PM »
I definetly think the layout affects your mindset, which in turn can affect your score. People who had the games experimental have said that it prepared them for the actual games section, and psyched them up because it was so easy. I had the dreaded RC-LR-RC layout, and by the time break rolled around, I was so sick and tired of reading, I wanted to die. Ideally, I would have liked more of a variety, like LR-RC-LG layout instead. I think a variety would have given me a tad bit more confidence going into section 4 and 5.
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

Xaviermba2003

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 09:24:50 PM »
I agree 100%.  I am very happy that I had the LR-RC-LG-BREAK-LG-LR.  I couldn't have been happier with that order.

I'll let you know how I feel about my scores on 12/31....

eqqus

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 09:28:08 PM »
I agree 100%.  I am very happy that I had the LR-RC-LG-BREAK-LG-LR.  I couldn't have been happier with that order.

How are you getting your test score early?

I thought the scores were released January 4?

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 09:33:55 PM »

Some poeple are saying that because of New Years, we are going to get our scores on 12/31 instead of 1/4 since the 4th falls on a Sunday. Others are saying we might get it before Christmas. In the past December tests, almost everyone received it before the mentioned date, so its very likely that we will receive it before January 4th.
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

Xaviermba2003

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 09:36:53 PM »
It seems like the scores come out the Friday before the official release date.  It was like that on the October 2004 test, also.

eqqus

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 09:37:55 PM »

Some poeple are saying that because of New Years, we are going to get our scores on 12/31 instead of 1/4 since the 4th falls on a Sunday. Others are saying we might get it before Christmas. In the past December tests, almost everyone received it before the mentioned date, so its very likely that we will receive it before January 4th.

This is great news!

rk83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 09:47:55 PM »
YESSS!!!!!!!!

I got the worst possible layout I could imagine

RC
LR
RC

LR
LG

NOOoo logic games in the middle anywhere to break up the tedium of reading - my brain was mush.
Well I guess it still could have been worse - if the 1st RC was the experimental one that would have been messed up

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 09:50:33 PM »
I was loving

LR
VC
LR
Games
LR

Ideal for me.

Matt

tludy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 04:19:58 AM »
I had RC LR AR LR AR.  That ridiculous AR was definatly a confidence booster.  It was the easiest AR I have ever seen. The RC owned me because I was too wired in the start.  I was sort of disapointed to see another AR, because I was banking on my experimental to counter my subpar RC performance.  Somehow I missed at least 2 on the real AR.  So I'm probably cancelling.