Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: another what are my chances thread  (Read 957 times)

echo

• View Profile
another what are my chances thread
« on: December 05, 2004, 08:12:45 PM »
I know people post these all the time but I am in need of some outside opinions. Havent heard from anywhere yet and am getting nervous. What are my chances in Philly area law schools (Penn, Temple, Nova, Rutgers, etc) with a 3.6 and a 164? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

strouse

Re: another what are my chances thread
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 08:16:12 PM »
You have a very good chance, if not an auto admit to Temple, Villanova, and Rutgers.  What the hell are you nervous about?  You are practically a lock in those and they won't be getting back to any of us for at least a few more weeks (probably after the holiday)    :P

HTH

BigTex

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 08:17:12 PM »
could you please post this question in another area of the board. This is where people post "I got accepted to XXX" or "I got a HOLD from XXX" messages. If this area becomes inundated with messages that aren't of the above format, then it becomes devalued.

Sorry, didn't mean to harp on you at all - i'm sure you didn't know. it's just that people religiously check this section of the board multiple times of day to find out what kind of activity is occurring at the law schools each of us is interested in.

thanks.

strouse

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 08:18:40 PM »
Were you checking here on a Sunday? if so, that is pretty neurotic   :D

BigTex

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 08:20:26 PM »
some stanford emails went out yesterday (saturday), so ya never know.

strouse

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 08:21:50 PM »
some stanford emails went out yesterday (saturday), so ya never know.

Well, like you said, you do it religiously.  gotta handle your biz on the sabbath, right?  :D

HTH

BTW- only the moderator can move this I think.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 08:23:25 PM »
Phanatic: We're nearly numbers twins.  I have a 156/3.73 (LSAC averaged).  I only applied to Temple out of those schools, though.  Good luck! :)

As for the OP: I agree with Phanatic.  You have a good shot at those 3 schools. . .Penn's a reach with a 164 LSAT, but if you have some good "soft factors", who knows?  It's cliche', but again, you won't know if you don't apply.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

strouse

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
Phanatic: We're nearly numbers twins.  I have a 156/3.73 (LSAC averaged).  I only applied to Temple out of those schools, though.  Good luck! :)

As for the OP: I agree with Phanatic.  You have a good shot at those 3 schools. . .Penn's a reach with a 164 LSAT, but if you have some good "soft factors", who knows?  It's cliche', but again, you won't know if you don't apply.

I Think Temple will be tough for us, but you never know.  Good luck to you as well

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 08:30:53 PM »
I like to pretend Temple's a target.  Then again, same for USD.  Darn these standardized tests.  :-\  I basically applied to Temple because of its Israel abroad program.  What is the campus like?  I've heard some people mention that it's pretty urban, but I have no idea what that means.  I go to UMN for undergrad and people say it's urban, too.  I guess I don't really agree.  What's Philly like in general?  I've never been there.

&what other schools did you apply to, if it's alright to ask?  I've met so few people with my numbers that now I'm curious (you didn't retake in December, did you?  I'm considering February, but who knows if it'd do any good since standardized tests and I don't get along.  That, and it's too late in the admissions cycle generally).
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

strouse

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 08:37:19 PM »
I like to pretend Temple's a target.  Then again, same for USD.  Darn these standardized tests.  :-\  I basically applied to Temple because of its Israel abroad program.  What is the campus like?  I've heard some people mention that it's pretty urban, but I have no idea what that means.  I go to UMN for undergrad and people say it's urban, too.  I guess I don't really agree.  What's Philly like in general?  I've never been there.

&what other schools did you apply to, if it's alright to ask?  I've met so few people with my numbers that now I'm curious (you didn't retake in December, did you?  I'm considering February, but who knows if it'd do any good since standardized tests and I don't get along.  That, and it's too late in the admissions cycle generally).

Ok, so many questions, but here you go-

Philly is a very unique city.  It is dirty, urban, and a little rough around the edges generally.  That being said-  there is a lot of universities in the city which brings a pretty vibrant young feel to it.  Temple is in a section of the city that needs some sprucing up, but the campus is nice and the law school has good facilities.  I would not be scared away by what you hear about the neighborhood, it's not the best-but its got its own "flavor". if, however, you do not like a very urban setting, it may not be for you.  I applied to Rutgers (both campuses),Temple,Villanova, NYLaw, Seton Hall, and Widener.
I am not going to retake because with the averaging, I don't think I can make much of a difference.  OK, Your turn-where did you apply?

BTW- I am married and my wife doesn't want to move, that is why all the schools are in the Philly/NY area.