Law School Discussion

"The Curve"

ryanjm

• View Profile
Re: "The Curve"
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 04:12:28 PM »
Really? I think I took it but I don't remember my score. So you think there's a chance that the people taking the test were just stupid that year?

bhvexille

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 04:16:03 PM »
No clue.. Maybe there wasn't as much quality test prep available at the time or maybe they just decided to make it harder to get a good score

Matthew_24_24

• Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 04:17:24 PM »
Haha, to have lived in the golden age where people didnt prep properly.  I think the bar has changed so much in 6 years in terms of preparation.

I think your average 85% LSAT writer would score 170 on the october 1997 exam.

Matt

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 04:19:59 PM »
I think they're'll be a lot of high scores and they'll have to compensate with a rough curve...  The December group should be no more intelligent than any other group, it's only the test that may have been easier.  Or maybe our sample is unrepresentative and a lot of our second-timers are simply doing better.

I suspect its the later. I would guess that if you asked most second-timers whether on this board or not they will say they felt less stressed after the second one than the first.  They've been through it all once before, and are likely much more aware of the details of the second test (good & bad) instead of getting swept up in the 'WTF just happened?!?' of the first experience.  Whether or not that translates into an improved score remains to be seen...

Matthew_24_24

• Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 05:10:49 PM »
On average, test writers who do it again bump up 4 points.  I'm planning to skew that curve, prepare to see in next year's edition of the book one more 170-180 from the 158 spot.

W00t.

Matt