Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCTOBER VS DECEMBER TEST  (Read 1960 times)

lawyersihate

• View Profile
OCTOBER VS DECEMBER TEST
« on: December 05, 2004, 06:44:14 AM »
I have taken only two official LSATs. I took the october test and cancled it. Recently, I took the december test. It seems as if the december was a lot easier. Atleast the logic games section. Maby it was just experience that made the test seem easier. I dont know...maby it's relative. But, does anyone else feel the same way? If the test is easier, Im sure the curve would be jacked up, but I've noticed certain tests trends in the past few years and they have fluctuated between 1 and 3 points. I dont know, maby im over analyzing everthing because I'm too obsessed with law school, but i'm sure everyone who is reading this,  is also. Feedback would be nice on the contrast between the octover and december test.

KristyB

Re: OCTOBER VS DECEMBER TEST
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 06:51:25 AM »
I thought that the December test was a little easier but now I'll probably be dissapointed when my score comes.  I finished the LG with 5 minutes to spare and I NEVER do that.  I actually finished the RC in time as well and that is difficult for me.  I wonder if it was the rush of the real thing or it was just an easier test or I'm just thinking it was easier and I totally bombed it.  I hope it isn't the latter. 

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 06:55:09 AM »
I took the October test, not the December test, but my advice would be not to worry.  People taking the October test had vastly different experiences.  Some thought it was insanely easy, others were horrified by how hard it was. If you guys found the test to be easy, that's a good thing for you :)  And I don't think the curve could possible be any worse than the October curve (some speculate that's because the October test was easy compared to other tests in the past; I have no idea), so the worst you could do is 90 correct for a 170. 

:)
HLS

KristyB

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 07:23:45 AM »
I haven't been able to sift through all of the posts about the exams but it is good to hear that some people thought it was hard.  Dolce, you are right, worrying doesn't get us anywhere.  I could only dream of a 170 but I am going to try and not stress too much about it.  It's over and I'm so happy that I don't have to do any more practice tests!  I'll try and not think about it too much until January.

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 10:29:50 AM »
The scale is only really important at the high end, if you're not expecting 165 at least then the scale is always pretty much the same. I took both, October was way harder for me but that's because I freaked out after the science reading passage. Overall, I think the two tests were pretty similar in their difficulty.

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 07:29:18 PM »
Took both.

Feel the same way, dec easier than Oct.  However, remember the sample of the population you are asking. Those who took it in Oct and again in dec generally didnt do well in oct.  So...their answers are likely to be skewed.

Matt

BIG H2001

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 07:32:52 PM »
The scale is only really important at the high end, if you're not expecting 165 at least then the scale is always pretty much the same. I took both, October was way harder for me but that's because I freaked out after the science reading passage. Overall, I think the two tests were pretty similar in their difficulty.

The Oct. scale was different at almost every level.  78=160 instead of the usual 74/75

lawyersihate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 08:08:23 PM »
anyone know the actual scale for the october test?