Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shoud I cancel..?  (Read 5682 times)

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shoud I cancel..?
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 12:06:22 AM »
Uhh, 158 is a choke if you have 14 tests before that where you don't go below 164.

As for this person, they scored average 168-170 on tests...im just trying to shed some light on a situation very similar to theirs.

158 was a big choke given the previous practice administrations of real tests, which were taken under strict conditions.

Matt

lawyersihate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 02:41:13 AM »
I cancled my october test. I experienced a similar situation to you.  I panicked on the october test games section and froze. But after taking it a second time, I noticed that I improved a lot in these past few months. This time I did not panick in the games section. So maby you should consider it. Also, I had to redo game one of the december test also, because I noticed that I messed up on the ordering of that sequence game.

AubZamZam

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 02:17:37 PM »
In your situation I think I would cancel.  There is no sense in wasting your great GPA on an LSAT that is less than you're capable of.  Sounds like you had a big case of nerves.  The same thing happened to me first time I took the test; I didn't cancel (thought maybe I was overreacting) but wish that I did.  I retook and scored much higher, but I'm still stuck with the average score.

rk83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 08:01:07 PM »
I'd say cancel. If you think you didn't perform as well as you did on the practice tests, you're probably right. In October I also cracked under nerves, which is why I cancelled. But I can say that the experience helped me to relax and focus more come December.

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 10:55:47 PM »
never cancel.

mrpopos10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 03:32:46 PM »
Most schools heading toward taking top score....except some top tiers i understand? So maybe that is relevant.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Despite the sonofapickle above not being me, I have to say don't cancel.

It takes a strong minded person to not get totally mind-boggled during a test and perform well. I practice more on the mental aspect of taking a test and for a long time, I can take just about any test with a clear, focused mind. That is mainly why some people do a bit more poorly than others is that their own mindset is not too strong.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »
I would never cancel. Most lawschools pick the highest of the scores anyways. Why waste your time and money?