Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF Spring applicants??  (Read 539 times)

annchris

• View Profile
UF Spring applicants??
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:08:04 AM »
I just wondered if there was anyone here applying to UF for spring admissions? 

I went there for a tour the other day and was sitting right in front of all the application files.  They said they got close to 3,000 apps for Fall.  They had them separated already into the Admits (that portion of the file was stuffed) and the Holds "A" - Holds "D"  Funny that Holds "A" - "C" were empty but Hold "D" was chuck full.  I don't know what their system is but that's what I saw.

I was afraid until I saw the Spring applicants, which the admissions person pointed out to me, was a very small stack at that point.  I am soooooo glad I applied early.

Anyway, the student that worked in the office who gave me the tour made me feel a bit better about being a borderline applicant.  He said that after they accept the first 50% on Lsat/gpa alone, they don't even really look at numbers when trying to fill out the rest of the class.  They look mainly at how to make the class diverse. 

Jan

• View Profile
Re: UF Spring applicants??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 02:01:55 PM »
  I applied for the fall semester but they accepted me for the spring instead (and waitlisted me for the fall).  I probably won't be going there, though...I really want to start in the fall and I've gotten into other schools that I'm happy with.   :)

annchris

• View Profile
Re: UF Spring applicants??
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 05:00:05 PM »
Let them know Jan...it might get me a spot! ;D