Law School Discussion

What do law students do to earn money once their in school?

DanielN

• who the hell is this? ... seriously!
    • View Profile
Re: What do law students do to earn money once their in school?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 11:23:29 PM »
so i need to find some sweet jewish girl to marry with in hte next year?

that seems like a lot of work

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 11:51:59 PM »
Stupid question: How does one get a loan for personal money not used for school tuition? What do you have to do to qualify?

I am just wondering because I know I will want to have a lot of extra money around during law school (i.e food, fun, some rent) and my parents probably won't help me out much. Can I get like a 10 k (with no job or anything)loan that I can pay off once I am done with school?

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 11:52:45 PM »
Actually, I would like to get a loan for like 5 k now. Is this possible considering I have no job etc?

bhvexille

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 11:53:38 PM »
Will your parents co-sign?

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 11:57:53 PM »
Most ppl use loans from what I've heard. I also agree with MM that if you go to a good school/get good grades/or both you can make pretty good money the two summers in between your three years from what I've heard.

I don't plan on getting a job at all during school unless I ca find something like Desi mentions that allows me to sit at a desk and study for a little money. Thats what my UG workstudy was and I just used it to do homework.

the REAL desi

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 12:00:31 AM »
Most ppl use loans from what I've heard. I also agree with MM that if you go to a good school/get good grades/or both you can make pretty good money the two summers in between your three years from what I've heard.

I don't plan on getting a job at all during school unless I ca find something like Desi mentions that allows me to sit at a desk and study for a little money. Thats what my UG workstudy was and I just used it to do homework.

I would not advise working next year under any circumstances.  Take out an extra loan for living expenses.  And live frugally (meaning don't be like some of my classmates that seem to have $200 bar tabs each weekend night).  The time saved by not having to work is pure gold.

bhvexille

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 12:03:14 AM »
What if you want to go to bar review every week?  And what if you go to school in cali and basically need a car... how do you pay for gas, etc?

That's gonna suck.

the REAL desi

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2004, 12:11:41 AM »
i can't think of anyone that works in my section.  i assume that everyone has loans.  i mean federal gov't gives $18.5k in loans.  avg cost of attendance where i'm at is $50k/yr.  so even if i worked 10 hours a week, i couldn't make $31.5k.  so everyone loans, whether its from the parents or from DouchheBank

bhvexille

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2004, 12:13:38 AM »
What law school is 50k?!

Hehehe.. feminine hygiene product bank

Damn germans.

the REAL desi

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 12:14:55 AM »
no, tuition is $32.5k, but factor in cost of living and its about $50k (rent, food, books, insurance, beer, prostitutes, etc)