Law School Discussion

LSAT prep club

nathanielmark

LSAT prep club
« on: April 16, 2004, 07:58:26 AM »
at the risk of coming across a little cheesey for even proposing this, i wanted to solicit people to start a web based LSAT prep club for the final 6 weeks before the jume exam. 

the purpose would be to create some healthy competition and allow discussion on particular tests,questions, and strategies.  I have already gone thru a lot of the old tests, but still have the most recent bunch left to do (29-42). which i will be taking over the course of the last 6 weeks.

the format would be open to discussion, but i would envision something like everyone agreeing to take the same 2 LSATS each week and then sharing scores broken down by section and question including questions missed.  i could definitely see a benefit to myself, if for nothing else then to keep me a little more motivated with the added accountability and schedule.

maybe its a silly idea, but if you are interested let me know.  i think it would benefit anyone who is not taking a prep program.

Re: LSAT prep club
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 08:08:54 AM »
If we could coordinate it, I would be willing to share my score/strategies/thought processes and observations.  I think that could helpful.  I too, am holding on to the most recent tests, at leat I think they are the most recent (Next 10 official LSATS)?

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 08:16:50 AM »
If we could coordinate it, I would be willing to share my score/strategies/thought processes and observations.  I think that could helpful.  I too, am holding on to the most recent tests, at leat I think they are the most recent (Next 10 official LSATS)?

Yup, did you order the book and are waiting on it (April 30)? If so i am in the same boat.  there are a few others that you should buy that are not included in that book though, they are 8 bux each. once we see how many people are actually interested in doing this, i will contact you.

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 08:36:45 AM »
I think it's a terrible idea.  No one should study for the LSAT but me.  Actually, I've taken it already and been accepted, so ... yeah, it's a good idea.   :D

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 08:59:57 AM »
I am going to take the June test and am also doing the "take the most recent tests right near the very end" thing.  I would absolutely be willing to share scores and strategies.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 09:03:40 AM »
i actually have a lot of the latest individual lsac preptests (i think 30-37)...

if you guys are interested, let me know (ill have to do a lot of erasing!).

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 09:13:42 AM »
Sounds like a plan

zpops

• Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 03:24:12 PM »
I think you guys have a good idea here.  You might want to actually handle things over the phone though (you do all have long distnace on your cell phones, right?) becuase it's hard to discuss a question by typing about it. . .

BTW test 34 or 35 is a real female dog.  I forget which one it was, but definitly do both to make sure you do the hard one.  It had the worst games section I ever saw. . .

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 04:07:09 PM »
I suggest we just take over the Canada board and make it the exclusive playground of the LSAT Prep Club.

I don't suggest this because nobody posts there, but because I think it's time someone invaded.

nathanielmark

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 05:59:14 PM »
It looks like we have 3 so far, which ought to be enough.  Are you guys waiting on the most recent tests like i am?  April 31st is the scheduled ship date for the Next 10 LSATs, what do you say we kick it off with test 29 as soon as we all get the book?