Law School Discussion

Anybody have testing irregularities? I did and i'm complaining

Re: Anybody have testing irregularities? I did and i'm complaining
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 11:04:15 PM »
offer to pay for a retake which there is no way in hell im doing.

Casa, how many times have you taken it.

I'm almost considering keeping my grade which is probably going to turn out to be 10 less then what I was getting on preps so about a 155 which sucks for me..then go through this again...

i just can't leave it though when I know i could have done better with a bit more prep.   

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 11:06:39 PM »
took oct, scored about 8 points lower than my average and 14 points lower than my max due to bonehead mistakes and second guessing myself constantly.  i dont feel like i did my best today either, but i feel more confident than i did after oct.

flossy

• Goddamn monkey stole my sandwich!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - flossy_kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 11:08:25 PM »
I took the LSAT in SF (where Proctor missed 5 min warning, told us at 2:30 remaining.)

The most noticeable irregularities were people working past time, going back to previous sections, and starting the writing sample waaaaay early.

Praetor

• Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 11:10:42 PM »
Casca what did you get in October? I thought you had done pretty well...

As for the irregularity reports, go for it but I don't know how it will go. Since you were given the full amount of time and it only takes about 20 seconds to randomly fill in the boxes, I'm not sure they will be predisposed to agree with you.

As for being told you have 2:30 left instead of at five minutes, that really sucks but again, you got the full time. Don't know that LSAC will do anyting.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 11:12:20 PM »

Praetor

• Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 11:19:53 PM »

You scored 179 on a practice test? Good lord...

AmbitV

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2004, 11:24:38 PM »
hey flossy, i took it in SF too.  Proctors took way too damn long to do everything.  And yea I finished all sections early so was annoyed by proctors just letting everyone continue looking down at the questions in between sections.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2004, 11:53:40 PM »

yea, i hit 179 once during prep(it was the dec 01 test) before the oct exam.  i actually hit it 2 more times since the october test.  my average was a lot higher coming into this test than it was going into the oct test.  before i was somewhere around 171-174.  i took only a handful of tests this time, but they were all 177-179.

Praetor

• Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2004, 12:21:41 AM »

yea, i hit 179 once during prep(it was the dec 01 test) before the oct exam.  i actually hit it 2 more times since the october test.  my average was a lot higher coming into this test than it was going into the oct test.  before i was somewhere around 171-174.  i took only a handful of tests this time, but they were all 177-179.

That's like 3 questions wrong per test, I get three questions wrong per section  ::)

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 11:17:29 AM »
i got shortchanged 1 minute on the 1st(and hardest) lr section.  im pissed but really theres nothing i can do.  im not going to bother with lsac because the best they can do is to put an asterik by my score or offer to pay for a retake which there is no way in hell im doing.

You said that the only thing that LSAC could do is offer a retake or place an asterix by my score. What will the asterix signify. Will they inform schools that irregularities occurred during my testing administration? I mean that may be a good idea if it turns out that this had a significant impact on my score.

I am totally with you in not taking this test again. So I will reject any suggestion of a retake. This monopoly has already received hundreds of dollars from my bank account (just for test supplies).Now it is time to hold them accountable.