Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Do you think Kwame should have lost due to Omorosa?

yes-he should have fired her
 16 (59.3%)
yes- he was not good enough anyway
 4 (14.8%)
No-omarosa betrayed him on purpose
 2 (7.4%)
no- he was clearly much better
 1 (3.7%)
who cares?
 4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: A bit off topic- The apprentice  (Read 1719 times)

Lawschool2005

A bit off topic- The apprentice
« on: April 15, 2004, 11:21:23 PM »
I had to put this post up. I have become so incensed at what happened in the final episode of the Apprentice. Omorosa is a big big B***H. Sorry but I have no respect for her. I really think Kwame was the better man!!

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: A bit off topic- The apprentice
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 11:24:27 PM »
I think that Bill was better suited for the job. Kwame is good, but not that good. It didn't help him either that his staff was incompetent. Perhaps Trump was right, Kwame needed to get more fired up and micro-manage more so ppl would do their jobs right.

Lawschool2005

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:27:44 PM »
You know what I think Bill was good but Kwame was so cool and ccalm, like when they were doing the meet and greet and everyone was flustered but Kwame just came in and calmed everyone down. Bill was flustered at such little things and acting panicky. I think it was abit unfair. I blame Omarosa for Kwame not getting job. I really really dislike her now. She is a big Liar. I don't even believe that the other girl called a the n word. She has lost all credibility.

Victor

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 11:28:08 PM »
Kwame screwed Omarosa first in the boarding room. Bill deserved to win.

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:33:11 PM »
Kwame does not exhibit the ability to manage incompetent employees. That is a skill every manager should have. 

tier4bound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 11:44:26 PM »
What was the big twist?

Thanks.

valerie098

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 11:56:11 PM »
I think Kwame should've won. I was soooo sad. What's with Omarosa anyway? Kwame should've known better than to pick her. Does she not know that people are watching her lies on national tv? I bet she has a hard time getting a job because of this. Not that I really care.

tofccc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 01:17:58 AM »
I think that Kwame needed to fire Omarosa or, since he didn't think he was allowed to, he needed to make her invisible by essentially shutting her out of all meaningful work. Regardless of whether or not it was a set up - he has seen through Trump's interactions in the past he wants to see people who aren't afraid to make a decision and he doesn't respect people who don't stand up for themselves. I think Kwame would have been stuck with Omarosa no matter what because he had second pick, but had he shown some b**ls, he would likely have won since he was the favorite going in (and organizing a golf tournament is a lot easier than a concert logistically!).

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 01:42:14 AM »
i think bill was a good pick overall. in the episodes i saw him in both as project manager and as a part of the team, bill was usually the idea guy, the guy who wanted to get things done, and sometimes, the guy who SHOULDA been in charge. i didn't get to see what happened at the tourney or w/the concert in the end, but from what i saw in the beginning, it looked to me as if bill wanted to put out a smash hit and kwame just wanted to go w/whatever the 'standard' was and let that be enough. maybe to show that he felt the 'trump' precedent was at an extremely high place? who knows.

but i TOTALLY agree that kwame should've exhibited a lot more 'strength' w/his 'employees' and maybe even w/himself. from what i'm hearing, if i were in his shoes and i was finding things out, yes there would've been certain things i would've put a 'calm face' on for? but there would've been a TON more things i would've taken the reins on to make sure things went as smooth as possible.

i mean come on! that's MY name and MY BUTT out there on the line! I'M not gonna get fired because of somebody else's incompetence or insolence! would you???

calguy815

• Sr. Citizen
  • NYU '07
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calguy815
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 01:52:53 AM »
Bill is definitely the better choice.  I do agree that Kwame did better than Bill answering questions in the boardroom, but based on overall performance, Bill just shined every step of the way.  Kwame really was too laid back and didn't get as involved as he should in the management of his team (he even said his style was to get good people to do the work and get out of their way).  When it comes down to it, Kwame has lots of book-smarts, but Bill has the street-smarts and has proven his skills through his business and through what he has done on the show since week one.  Trump made the right choice.