Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I cancel? Didn't finish 9 RC questions  (Read 2375 times)

ohioequestrian

• View Profile
    • Email
So Upset
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 02:24:05 PM »
My #1 choice is the University of South Carolina. The average LSAT score there is 158 and I have to apply by Feb. 1. My second choice is SMU which would be a reach. The average score is 161. I have a 3.6 GPA. All of my actions up to this point have revolved around moving in August and starting school. I even took a year off to get some work/community service experience under my belt. I'm so DEVASTATED that this happened. 9RC questions using my letter of the day is a big chunk of change to gamble with. Especially since I feel it could go either way on the rest of the test.

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should I cancel? Didn't finish 9 RC questions
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 02:48:31 PM »
I agree with Praetor. The exact same thing happenned to me in the June test...I panicked on RC and had to guess the last 8 or 9 questons. The reason I didn't cancel that test was because I knew that the LR had gone pretty well and the LG went better than usual for me so I figured it would balance out. In the end it did, I had been hitting 168-172 pretty consistently and got a 168. How the test went overall is what is most important to your situation, that and how much delaying a year is going to hurt you. If you are pretty sure you did extremely well on the other sections it might not be worth it to cancel. If on the other hand you are pretty confident you could repeat you performance on games and LR and improve a lot of the RC I would suggest cancelling and retaking.

If the rest of the test went pretty close to normal though for you and its not a big hassle to delay a year I would suggest you cancel the score and study more, retake with more confidence and get a higher score, take the next year to get some work experience and get applications together over the summer and apply next cycle. Long term that is probably what is best for your situation esp if you are coming straight out of college.

9 RC isn't that bad to skip if you only want a 158, at least for me it wouldn't be. You can safely assume you got one right, probably two. RC was hard this time as well.

How did logic go? What about games?

That's the real question. If you want 158 you can get something like 25 questions wrong...

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should I cancel? Didn't finish 9 RC questions
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 07:28:09 PM »
Dude, 2nd RC was EXPERIMENTAL.  We know this.  So discount it...and if 158 is what you need...you'll be okay if the rest of the test was okay.

Your guesses wont factor in.

Matt