tjordan90

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Curve
« on: December 04, 2004, 03:55:52 PM »
What do you think the curve for the test will be like?  I am thinking it could be potentially harsh, perhaps even more harsh than October.  I thought the LGs were easier than normal and being only 22 questions, many people may have earned some easy points there.  It seems that tests with hard curves usually coincide with easy LG sections.
Attending UC Hastings in the fall.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Curve
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 03:57:57 PM »
i was going to say exactly what you just said.

i doubt that itll be harsher than oct, i mean it would be incredibly nasty if you couldnt even miss 10 to get a 170, but you never know.  but i dont think it will be a nice curve at all.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 04:06:50 PM »
Trust me, I got no "easy points."  I took the Oct test and had a much easier time with games then.  I am expecting that I got many more than half wrong this time.  As far as LR and RC, it seemed about the same??
October's curve, possibly, but I'm guessing a tad more generous.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

tjordan90

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 04:11:48 PM »
I thought the LR's might have been a tad more difficult, in that I thought they had more level 5s than normal, although I also feel there were a lot more level 1s than normal, so maybe it all evens out.  I thought RC was a little easier than October, although I don't think I did as well as I should have.  I ran out of time on the fungus question, but since it was only 5 questions (right?) I think I'll survive.  When I started reading the fungus question all I could think of was that godawful science question from October, but it turned out to be doable.
Attending UC Hastings in the fall.

bhvexille

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 05:01:56 PM »
Huh?  On october test if you missed 10 you were down to 170?

Usually it's 11-12 questions wrong and you can still get a 170

That's what I'm hoping for this time!

mcm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 11:10:43 AM »
I'm also expecting a harsh curve because I found the games easier than usual (or, not as difficult as usual is probably a better way of putting it).  Games is my worst section, and on most practice tests, I couldn't make it through all four within 35 minutes.  My goal for the actual test was to do three games fully, and at least make a stab at the first two questions of game 4 (with wild fill-in-the-bubble guesses for the rest).  Instead, I managed to complete all four games on yesterday's test (not saying I feel confident about all the answers, far from it, but it's unusual for me to finish all 4 games and not have to do some random bubble fills). 

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 11:16:31 AM »
In October if you missed nine questions you were down to 170. There is no way an 87 will give you 170, 87 was 167 in October. I'm hoping for something like 170=89, 167=85, 165=83 If 170 dropped to 88 that would be a dream come true.

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 10:09:58 AM »
What do you think the curve for the test will be like?  I am thinking it could be potentially harsh, perhaps even more harsh than October.
I think it will be the same as October.  Both were easier than the average preptest.  Also, the 100 question factor (instead of 101) does not bode well.  I think the best case scenario is miss 11 instead of 10 to get 170.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 10:32:08 AM »
What do you think the curve for the test will be like?  I am thinking it could be potentially harsh, perhaps even more harsh than October.
I think it will be the same as October.  Both were easier than the average preptest.  Also, the 100 question factor (instead of 101) does not bode well.  I think the best case scenario is miss 11 instead of 10 to get 170.
I agree. I think it will be a similar curve.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder