Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Email acceptance  (Read 1300 times)

jenea79

• 3.61/158
    • View Profile
    • Email
Email acceptance
« on: April 15, 2004, 10:41:22 PM »
hello all.
i have read from some of the posts that some schools send out an email acceptance before mailing it via snail mail.

is this true for most schools?

and if so... what about SMU and Houston...???

ruskiegirl

Re: Email acceptance
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 10:46:46 PM »
I think that you will find that the vast majority of schools does not notify by email.  Most schools are still in the dark ages and prefer snail mail.  I applied to 15 schools and only got one acceptance by email. (Berkeley)  I don't know anything about SMU and Houston specifically.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:05:51 PM »
God, I don't think many people here could handle e-mail acceptances.  It's bad enough checking the mailbox compulsivly, until the mail is delivered.  How would the poor souls who live for that one moment each day manage to do ANYTHING if an acceptance could come at anytime.  People wouldn't even post here anymore, they'd be so busy clicking refresh in their mail program. . .   ;)
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

blizzard of ozz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 11:06:41 PM »
Brooklyn e-mailed my admission offer before the letter. That's the only school I applied to that did so.

I think Duke e-mails too, but I didn't apply there, I've just heard it from others.

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:20:04 PM »
Brooklyn did the same for me... I think Santa Clara did as well.

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 11:32:18 PM »
DU does.  CU doesn't.  Those are the only two I know about...

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 05:52:52 AM »
Santa Clara emailed me...sort of.  They invited me to an a reception for admitted students before sending me an acceptance letter or email. 

I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 09:06:40 AM »
Rutgers doesn't email but they do have a site where you can check your status. I check it about 15 times a day and cringe each time I hit the submit button. My wife keeps yelling at me to stop looking at it. Not sure if I really do want to find out from a website or email if I get in or not.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 04:53:15 PM »
I received my acceptance to Houston via email, good luck

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 07:13:19 PM »
God, I don't think many people here could handle e-mail acceptances.  It's bad enough checking the mailbox compulsivly, until the mail is delivered.  How would the poor souls who live for that one moment each day manage to do ANYTHING if an acceptance could come at anytime.  People wouldn't even post here anymore, they'd be so busy clicking refresh in their mail program. . .   ;)

Pops, have you been spying on me?