Re: LR section
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2004, 03:10:58 PM »
they take the test on sunday

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2004, 03:12:14 PM »
I  GOT 4 A'S in a row
And then around question 17 or so I got 3 A'S in a row so a total of 7 A's in
the games section

Did anyone get like 8 E's in the Logical Reasoning Section.  For me it was section 1, and my format was LR,RC,LG,LG,LR 

ME TOO ON GAMES. it freaked me out

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2004, 03:15:34 PM »

anyone remember the question about art being intrinsic and/or objective.

i think it was assumption, and i put that 'sometimes the value of art is intrinsic"

any thoughts?

Yes, I remember that question very fondly.  I loathed that question, especially because i only had about 35 seconds to do it.  I seem to remember that I put B for it, which I think is what your answer was.  I think C had a very similar phrasing but talked about extrinsic.

oh, i distinctly remember my answer being the last one, e.  it was between d and e for me.  d was something like intrinsic art can be objective? 

and for those of you who are worried about us talking about the test b/c of kids in Asia or Australia, they have already taken the test.  they are ahead of us, and so it is now sunday for them.

i'm pretty sure the answer for this was something along the lines of:
the author takes it for granted that..."what is extrinsic cannot be objective"
is this what u were talkin about?

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2004, 03:18:43 PM »
well yes thats the question.  but the answer i put specifically said that the assumption was that sometimes art has an intrinsic value.  but now it seems wrong.  oh well.  we'll see in a month.

Praetor

• Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2004, 03:23:53 PM »
mrdino's answer is right

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2004, 03:28:54 PM »
yeah thats what I got... and I think that the "tempting" choice was an incorrect reversal or some *** like that - art always has a subjective value or whatever....

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2004, 03:36:23 PM »
anyone remember that very last question on one of the LR sections.. about employers firing employees and the stimulus concluded that employees could get screwed just because of personal differences witha  "supervisor"... it was an assumption Q

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2004, 03:38:03 PM »
yeah I put something like they had to answer questions???  tat was really hard

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2004, 03:39:02 PM »
anyone remember that very last question on one of the LR sections.. about employers firing employees and the stimulus concluded that employees could get screwed just because of personal differences witha  "supervisor"... it was an assumption Q

I think i put something to the effect of employer's views will determine the process or employers differ or something like that.  Blah, maybe i should go rest instead of doing LSD while listening to Sgt. Pepper's.

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2004, 03:40:12 PM »

Yeah, I remember that one...I think I put something to the effect of "only supervisors can discipline employees."  That obviously is not the exact wording, but that's the gist...my mind's a little fuzzy!