Law School Discussion

LR sections

woogu

Re: LR section
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2004, 02:47:47 PM »
NOT 8 E'S IN A ROW JUST 8 IN THE OVERALL SECTION FOR THE LR

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2004, 02:49:44 PM »
you had time to tally all the letter choices? 8 seems like a good distribution about 33% of the section.

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2004, 02:51:06 PM »
ok, concerning the LR section beginning with the lawmower efficiency: 
were the last 4 answers something like B,B,B,E?

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2004, 02:51:24 PM »
8 E's impossible. The record number of straight answers in the history of the LSAT has been 4. They could break that at any time but I am skeptical that they would go from 4 to 8.

I think that is the funniest thing I have ever read in my life.

I'm getting a mental picture of some testtaker staring in calm defiance at his answer sheet's EEEEEEEE alignment.  What the f*ck would you do if you saw that you answered eight straight questions with E?  

woogu

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2004, 02:52:09 PM »
I know I feel like 8 e's in 1 section is a lot and thats why i was worried about that

TOUGH LR overall

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2004, 02:54:11 PM »
i got 4 As in a row too, i guess on the games, which i noticed.

anyone remember the question about art being intrinsic and/or objective.

i think it was assumption, and i put that 'sometimes the value of art is intrinsic"

any thoughts?

Praetor

• Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2004, 02:55:45 PM »
Woogu, there were a lot of Es in what (for you and me) was the fifth section. At least seven, maybe eight or even nine. I didn't try to count them. I think I might have had four Es in a row in that section, but maybe it was 3 of 4. I can't remember...

Definetely a lot of Es in what was our fifth section though.

Advantage China, Australia, India, Japan etc.
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2004, 02:57:37 PM »
I know I am going to get flak for this posting.
But I feel that all of us are damaging our chances of getting into a good Law school.  Some of us have posted the questions for all to read including the citizens of China, Japan, Australia and India among others.  This gives them a distinctly unfair advantage since they know what to expect for their exams tomorrow.  It is a bit like a study session where the TA hands out the questions for the next day's test.  I urge all of you to not post the questions on this forum.  Ultimately it may be your seat on the line when it comes to you and a foreign student vying for the lone, remaining seat at any of the Law shools.

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2004, 03:05:29 PM »

i think it was assumption, and i put that 'sometimes the value of art is intrinsic"

any thoughts?

Yes, I remember that question very fondly.  I loathed that question, especially because i only had about 35 seconds to do it.  I seem to remember that I put B for it, which I think is what your answer was.  I think C had a very similar phrasing but talked about extrinsic.

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2004, 03:08:19 PM »

any thoughts?

Yes, I remember that question very fondly.  I loathed that question, especially because i only had about 35 seconds to do it.  I seem to remember that I put B for it, which I think is what your answer was.  I think C had a very similar phrasing but talked about extrinsic.

oh, i distinctly remember my answer being the last one, e.  it was between d and e for me.  d was something like intrinsic art can be objective? 

and for those of you who are worried about us talking about the test b/c of kids in Asia or Australia, they have already taken the test.  they are ahead of us, and so it is now sunday for them.