Law School Discussion

LR sections

Re: LR section
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2004, 03:24:16 PM »
I think there was one "evaluate the argument" except question - never seen that before.

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2004, 03:26:09 PM »
For some reason the answer choice about blueray fish that sticks out in my mind (but I can't remember if I chose it) was that they didn't account for problems that could be caused by the hormones that are caused by the chemical

Oh snap I remember my response: it was something about whether the hormone levels affect levels outside of the fish I think.

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2004, 03:35:39 PM »
yeah the lawnmower had something to do with the disparity between electrically powered and gasoline powered lawnmowers. Cant remember the answer choices for the life of me but I think it was either a strengthen or weaken question.

jmr47

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2004, 03:37:58 PM »
For some reason the answer choice about blueray fish that sticks out in my mind (but I can't remember if I chose it) was that they didn't account for problems that could be caused by the hormones that are caused by the chemical

Oh snap I remember my response: it was something about whether the hormone levels affect levels outside of the fish I think.

Was the question here, why do the fish recover when the paper mill stops running? some of the possibilities had to do with the bias of the research, the river current. etc.

Are we safe in Asia yet? I don't know if I should say what I put for the lawmower one.

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2004, 03:39:31 PM »
yeah the lawnmower had something to do with the disparity between electrically powered and gasoline powered lawnmowers. Cant remember the answer choices for the life of me but I think it was either a strengthen or weaken question.

I was thinking of another question which talked about cars, but since you've brought this question up, I think I put that does the energy required to produce electricity for the lawnmowers outweigh the gas?

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2004, 03:41:03 PM »
The paper mill question I think I put something about how long it takes the darn to get downstream.

Edit: I would never every say "darn" but LSD would make me say it.  I was unaware that C...R..A...P was a naughty word.  ???

bhvexille

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2004, 03:41:18 PM »
I think there was one "evaluate the argument" except question - never seen that before.

That was 'which would be the most helpful to know the answer to, in evaluating the question EXCEPT' or something like that

Those evaluate questions are rare.. and an except one is even rarer.. but not really "new"

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2004, 03:42:22 PM »
yeah I am pretty sure I put the river answer for the paper mill question though I did that question very quickly.

woogu

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2004, 03:45:16 PM »
I  GOT 4 A'S in a row
And then around question 17 or so I got 3 A'S in a row so a total of 7 A's in
the games section

Did anyone get like 8 E's in the Logical Reasoning Section.  For me it was section 1, and my format was LR,RC,LG,LG,LR 

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2004, 03:46:42 PM »
8 E's impossible. The record number of straight answers in the history of the LSAT has been 4. They could break that at any time but I am skeptical that they would go from 4 to 8.