Law School Discussion

LR sections

bhvexille

Re: LR section
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2004, 02:34:45 PM »
I had at least 1 LR with 26, I think it was the one in section 4

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2004, 02:35:39 PM »
 Please READ BEFORE POSTING specifics about Dec04 exam!
on: Today at 03:02:08 AM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case no one else has mentioned it again recently, test takers in the far east (e.g. Japan, Korea, Austalia) will not have taken the exam tomorrow by the time we in the US have finished and are ready to start discussing it and rehashing and reconstructing various questions and answers on this and other internet boards.

The possibility that those overseas could use this for unfair advantage was mentioned back in October, but only after it was too late. Some test takers in Asia admitted having access to valuable info before the test because of this. I would consider it a given that some folks on the other side of the Pacific will be cruising this board for hints, especially given the discussion it generated last time (people joking about flying to Japan to test and whatnot). But they can't exploit this opportunity unless we make it available to them. And realistically, someone who posts info about the exam before all have tested is in just as much violation of LSAT rules as is anyone who would seek and use that info.

So please keep this in mind, and strongly consider postponing any specific discussion of games, questions, or answers until around 6:00pm Eastern time, when those in Asia/Australia will have started the exam for the most part. Just a suggestion in the interest of keeping things as fair for everyone as possible. Thanks

kccole

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2004, 02:37:01 PM »
One of my LR's had 27 questions
Both of my games had 22 questions (why)
My RC had 27 questions

I was quite sure that scetion 2 was experimental, so I literally blew off the last passage. I now know I F**ked up.

bhvexille

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2004, 02:38:27 PM »
It pisses me off too when the games only have 22 questions.  Games is the only section where I can reliably do very well

RocketBot

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2004, 02:50:38 PM »
After the first section I had to really focus and block my trouble on #1 out of my mind.  Even while I was reading the first RC passage I was thinking about LR.  I did my best to turn it into positive motivation (you slipped up on #1, now you've got to ace the rest of this test).
Man, that was exactly me.  I was hoping it was experimental, so that gave me the drive to not give up and push for the rest of the exam.  I wouldn't be surprised if I got 5 wrong (or more?) :

steves

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2004, 03:01:44 PM »
Yeah...I think so...It was a broad generalization from a sample that was not likely to be representative of medieval society at large.

"There was a question about the ascetic ideal of Monks"

Did you have for an answer something to the extent of "They are an unrepresentative sample"?

steves

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2004, 03:03:12 PM »
Are you sure about one of the LR's having 26 questions?
No

bhvexille

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2004, 03:03:37 PM »
Yeah they said that monks were not interested in aesthetics during the middle ages, so no one was interested in aesthetics during the middle ages

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »
What with the question about some substance (i forgot the name) decomposing in a river?

bhvexille

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2004, 03:06:58 PM »
There were two of them.