Law School Discussion

LR sections

Re: LR section
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 02:12:21 PM »
Actually that is what worried me coming into the test. I was concerned that I might be more risk averse and choose many of the sucker choices. When you are prepping you don't really feel that accountable for your score. You can take many preptests and say ok the best one is indicative of my ability.
Some answer choices the right answer does not sound too pretty and you have to make that intuitive leap and see that it is still right ( with all the convoluted sentence structure - some, not all)

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 02:15:53 PM »
Thank you all - I was actually left shaking by the break after the two LR sections.  The first one threw me which set me off down a dark and lonely road, the third one was not much better, and I was convinced it was all over.  Imagine my joy when I came across yet another LR after the break.  As sick as it is, misery loves company and man, am I glad to see y'all... ;)

steves

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 02:18:42 PM »
So let's get this straight...The 1st Logical Reasoning / Arguments section was experimental?

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 02:19:28 PM »
yeah I couldn't imagine 3 LR sections. That is crazy.....
I was really happy that LG was last because a bad LG in the begginning or middle of the test really throws me off.

SMarie

• age 32, 2.94 UGPA, LSAT 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 02:23:48 PM »
"The games were a joke."  Am I the only person on this board who just does not get logic games?  I guessed on over half of the questions in that section, the first LR was the hardest I have seen on ANY test.  I still had four left when time had ended.  I thought the RC was fairly easy except that science passage killed me.

All in all, I think this test will ruin my chances at gaining admission to any law school, including third or fourth tier schools.  It really sucks, especially when I heard little 22 or 23 year punks in my room saying that weren't even sure they WANTED to go to law school.

Yes, I am bitter and I am 32.

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2004, 02:25:22 PM »
"There was a question about the ascetic ideal of Monks"

Did you have for an answer something to the extent of "They are an unrepresentative sample"?

SMarie

• age 32, 2.94 UGPA, LSAT 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2004, 02:26:46 PM »
I picked that answer because the people to which they were referring were writers, which would not be representative of the entire population

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2004, 02:27:13 PM »
Yeah, that is how I answered it. The info was about monks and they made generalizations about all of medievil society from it.

Everyman

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2004, 02:27:25 PM »
"There was a question about the ascetic ideal of Monks"

Did you have for an answer something to the extent of "They are an unrepresentative sample"?

Yep.

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2004, 02:28:55 PM »
Are you sure about one of the LR's having 26 questions?