Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How young is everyone?  (Read 6190 times)

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How young is everyone?
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2004, 01:18:17 AM »
I am 22....23 on Saturday.  I am the best looking 22 year old in the history of beauty.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2004, 11:55:50 AM »
ajlynnette:

there are a lot of people who pay big bucks to look 30 when they're in their 40s.  consider yourself lucky :-P 

consider myself lucky??? w/all due respect to my peers and elders, i don't consider myself 'lucky' because i was raised to believe that getting older or gaining in years was quite the honor that garnered much respect and admiration. i would rather have THOSE things than to have someone constantly poking and cutting and 'fixing' something that's gonna just end up under 6ft. of dirt that's just gonna STAY underneath it all for eternity instead of having that respect and admiration that would live on forever in the minds and memories of others.

and i mean no offense to your comment, cal. i do apologize if i did offend. :)

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2004, 01:16:03 PM »
ajlynnette:

there are a lot of people who pay big bucks to look 30 when they're in their 40s.  consider yourself lucky :-P 

consider myself lucky??? w/all due respect to my peers and elders, i don't consider myself 'lucky' because i was raised to believe that getting older or gaining in years was quite the honor that garnered much respect and admiration. i would rather have THOSE things than to have someone constantly poking and cutting and 'fixing' something that's gonna just end up under 6ft. of dirt that's just gonna STAY underneath it all for eternity instead of having that respect and admiration that would live on forever in the minds and memories of others.

and i mean no offense to your comment, cal. i do apologize if i did offend. :)

no offense taken. 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2004, 03:35:47 PM »
I'm old enough to be your older brother's best friend's cousin's next door neighbor!  ;)
"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

Cherry

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2004, 04:50:57 PM »
I'm old enough to be your older brother's best friend's cousin's next door neighbor!  ;)

LOL

Lavia

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2004, 05:04:01 PM »
I'm 30, and I'll be just 31 when school starts.

I substitute teach, and sometimes get mistaken for a high school student! That's the bright side. The other side is that I'm almost 31 and there's no children or husband prospects and I'm just now going back to school. But better late than never.

I'm almost grown up now.

Lavia

MsCatch22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2004, 06:32:56 PM »
I've been working for a year and half teaching... 5th graders.. in a poor, urban school... so that alone has probably aged me a great deal!  ;D

The calandar says I'm 25 but still have to remind myself each and every day that I'm not 22.  (Am I alone in that?)

Enzyme

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2004, 11:59:17 PM »
This program was a different kind of program where the work experience was intertwined into it where you would do 8month to year long internships domestically and abroad, so most people take longer to finish the program while getting the work experience. I graduated and then did a final 8month internship with a company and just continued full-time. However, you dont necessarily need 2 years at all traditional programs, there are loopholes. I know for a while Princeton or MIT one had a combined program where you could bet b.S. and MBA and people who go straight from undergrad to JD/MBA dont have the two year work experience.
Yep, went to a special program where I did undergrad accelerated in 3 years and then did 2 years to get B.S. and MBA granted at same time.

I thought you needed two years of work experience to be accepted into an MBA program.  Did this program require any work experience.

NYBound05

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2004, 12:44:50 AM »
I'm 20.  I'll be attending law school in the Fall of 2005 at 21... I hope I'm not one of those people runnning on empty and wishing I had taken some time off.  :o

jgruber

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2004, 01:10:52 PM »
I lied before.  I'm really 14 and cute as a button.