Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are you SOOOOOO done with what you're doing now?  (Read 2652 times)

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Are you SOOOOOO done with what you're doing now?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 12:51:41 PM »
I too am done. I start in the spring semester so I only have 2 weeks left. I turned in my notice today. I found out on Tuesday (it's now friday) It has been fun though. In two short days I told off a vice president,several division managers, and a couple of coworkers. As soon as I found out I pulled out the figurative can of gasoline and have not just burned bridges but have BLOWN them away. in an all hands meeting with 2000 people I told off the Vice President of our plant (let me tell you vice pres. of fortune 500 company's don't like to be told off in front of a whole factory) I received a hero's welcome afterwards though. People thought I had lost my mind. We are having layoffs coming up so I was trying to get on the layoff list. (The severance package would be enough to pay for my first year) Unfortunately word got out so now that they know I am leaving there is no way they will give me a package. It has been fun trying to get laid off though. I can't seem to totaly slack off  because I like my boss and my group and anything I don't do they have to pick up the slack on. I am just ready to go though that is for sure. At least I am going out in a blaze of glory, I think my comments to the VP in the all hands meeting will be talked about for years here! I have said things I have wanted to say for 5 years.....FREEDOM!!!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

BigTex

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 12:12:28 AM »
Ha! That's a great story BlakeAggie! I burned my bridges at the software company i worked at a year ago. But i had a lot knowledge about most of the products so they recently hired be back at an exorbitant consulting rate till LS starts. Your story has inspired me to think about going where no man has gone before: burning the same bridges TWICE!!!!!

Hehe ... we'll see ... but great story. Hey - i missed your acceptance post. Where are you in at? STCL? UH? Either school will be great!

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 11:53:45 AM »
I got into STCL for the spring. I have not heard anything from UofH and since they only have a fall admissions I am too impatient to wait. I will have to pay double at STCL than I would at UofH, but it is to big a gamble to wait and find out about UofH. I doubt I would have been admitted there anyway. So South Texas it is in 4 weeks!. It was such short notice I have not even recieved my letter yet. They called me and told me, then gave me the login for the admitted students site so I could download my registration package to mail in. Do you work at a software company in Austin?
South Texas College of Law here I come!

clevername

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2004, 10:05:37 PM »
I'm off to South Texas in a few weeks for the spring session as well.  I was admitted last month and since then I haven't done a single productive thing at work.  I casually stroll into the office with my coffee, then sit down at the computer and surf the web until 5:15 or so, and get up and leave.  I try not to talk to anyone, or draw any attention to the fact that I'm not doing anything.  My work has piled up like crazy, so basically if I wasn't leaving in a few weeks, I'd be fired FOR SURE. 

It is VERY liberating though.  There is absolutely no pressure at work right now, which is awsome.
"Nothing succeedes like excess"--Oscar Wilde

2.5/153

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 02:47:46 AM »
I have been done ever since taking the LSAT, but getting my first acceptance last week put it at another level. Don't know if I will end up @ GULC, but am ready to leave tomorrow.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

mjb691

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2004, 08:27:50 AM »
I, too, am completely done with my job. I teach at a school for court reporters, and I am tired of the students with attitudes, tired of my fellow faculty members, and in particular tired of the administration, who somehow manage to make a business with 20 employees work with Soviet levels of bureaucracy. I have been a complete slacker since all of my applications went out in November.

I think that when I leave in June, I am going to make an announcement to the students: "All of you do realize that it is only a matter of time before technology renders you completely obsolete, and so your $50K 'Occupational Associates Degree' is not going to be worth the paper it is printed on, right? And, by the way, the same goes for the rest of the faculty who are "real" court reporters, who have spent the last eighteen months saying that my job teaching academics is worthless. I will have a high-paying job; you will be flipping burgers. HTH."

Mike
ATTENDING: Penn
IN: WUSTL, Fordham, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Temple
THE REST: Doesn't matter

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
  • Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2004, 10:03:25 AM »
I'm done with plucking my eye brows.  It's all waxing from here on out.  Slow, painful torture is for the birds!  Bring on the short sweet pain!

-Bushy Eyebrowed Babe

cutcut

• Sr. Citizen
  • I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 10:15:42 AM »
I've been "working on the Penske file" since September. I think it was just last week that I got around to doing a minimum amount of work so as not to get fired. I can't wait to be out of here.
[insert clever quote here]
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=cutcut

UMHBmom

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 07:09:28 PM »
As much as I would LOVE to tell the veterinarian I work for a thing or two on my way out the door, I'm terrified it'll come back to bite me in the butt when I apply for the Bar! I would love to tell him what a racist, sexist, homophobic, barely-literate A**HOLE he is, but..... <sigh> I don't think I can afford the tremendous amount of satisfaction I would get from it.

Doesn't mean I can't rig the toilet to back-up on my last day.  ;D

operatke

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 11:41:52 AM »
I am just about ready to take my ball and go home, my company is not playing fair!!!  >:(

They think they can dump a bunch of BS files on me before I leave...well, they can, but I am not promising a thing!!!   :D