Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IN AT MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6424 times)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: IN AT MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2004, 05:59:41 PM »
Pookie, (good morning), and if you get into Columbia, which you will, pleeeease consider it! 

p.s. so how many schools does that make for you so far?  Six?  You're my idol.

;D

good morning, dolce!  :)  i will definitely consider columbia.  there are no automatic choices with where i applied.  i'm thinking that a couple scholarships from some of the lower-on-my-list schools will make for a massive <insert final number of acceptances>-way tie.  i was about to write 13-way tie, then realized i'm not getting into all 13 ;)

i've been getting a lot of weird looks lately when people ask, "so are you going to boalt?" and i answer, "i don't know; i'm still waiting for 8 more decisions."  "how many applications did you submit?"  "13."  makes me want to send people links to the people on LSN that applied to 20+ schools.  ha ha.

(PS to dolce: i'm 5 for 5 so far.  if i get into penn EA, i'll be 6 for 6.  i think it'll be downhill from there, because the "about two months" window from harvard ends in mid-jan.  that one will be HUGE.)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2004, 01:30:33 AM »
(PS to dolce: i'm 5 for 5 so far.  if i get into penn EA, i'll be 6 for 6.  i think it'll be downhill from there, because the "about two months" window from harvard ends in mid-jan.  that one will be HUGE.)

Pookimon, your making me jealous.  Oh how I would like to hear something. 
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2004, 05:11:19 AM »
Don't worry Shaun, you will be into at least two of those three places and quite possibly 3/3
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2004, 07:04:04 AM »
good morning, dolce! :) i will definitely consider columbia. there are no automatic choices with where i applied. i'm thinking that a couple scholarships from some of the lower-on-my-list schools will make for a massive <insert final number of acceptances>-way tie. i was about to write 13-way tie, then realized i'm not getting into all 13 ;)

i've been getting a lot of weird looks lately when people ask, "so are you going to boalt?" and i answer, "i don't know; i'm still waiting for 8 more decisions." "how many applications did you submit?" "13." makes me want to send people links to the people on LSN that applied to 20+ schools. ha ha.

(PS to dolce: i'm 5 for 5 so far. if i get into penn EA, i'll be 6 for 6. i think it'll be downhill from there, because the "about two months" window from harvard ends in mid-jan. that one will be HUGE.)

13?  Child's play!  Well, for some :) I applied to 11.  And still haven't heard from Michigan, damn it. Ah well.  That's the only bad thing about this board--unrealistic expectations result.

Is that the scale for Harvard?  It takes them eight weeks?  Hmm...so basically January is going to be the month from hell.  For all. 
HLS

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2004, 07:50:32 AM »
Don't worry Shaun, you will be into at least two of those three places and quite possibly 3/3

Thanks akudiya, your my new favorite person here.  All of these people applying to 13 or more schools makes me think maybe I should have applied to more than three.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2004, 07:56:42 AM »
take heart, akudiya: most people applied to 13+ because they genuinely weren't sure where they wanted to go.  I applied all over the place, from T14 to T50 schools.  But it sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do/where you want to be. so...no worries.

:)
HLS

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2004, 02:40:29 PM »
Oh believe me I am in your boat as well Dolc. I applied to 25 schools ;)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2004, 03:26:03 PM »
Is that the scale for Harvard?  It takes them eight weeks?  Hmm...so basically January is going to be the month from hell.  For all. 

i think they said "about two months" or "average of two months" but specified that some (absy) hear sooner than 2 months, some hear later than 2 months.  i don't expect to be in the "sooner than 2 months" club, so i'll start checking my mailbox obsessively in mid-jan, exactly two months after completion.  other than penn (b/c i was EA), i don't expect anything from my other schools until 2005: harvard (b/c of the 2-month thing), yale (b/c on LSN, i think the first ones went out in jan.), stanford (i'm not as strong as the applicants hearing back this early), NYU (i missed EA, so they'll do that in dec, then get to the rest of us in jan), columbia (they'll do ED in dec, get to regular in jan), chicago (ditto columbia), UCLA (they JUST requested my report, and i hear that in general, they're very cocky and send stuff super late). 

disclaimer: all of the above information is based on my own estimations.  i don't actually *know* how anyone does their admissions.  i just used common sense and LSN to come up with the above estimations.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2004, 04:13:28 PM »
I just got my accptance letter from Michigan.  It's my first and last.  I'm so stoked.  The letter was all beat and torn up.  It was dated November 28th and looks like it's been around the world.

They also wrote on my acceptance letter that they hope that I continue my a cappella work in law school and put in a cd of the law schools a cappella singing group.  It's nice to know that they take the extra time to do things like that.

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2004, 04:47:34 PM »
what did I tell you shaun