Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IN AT MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6517 times)

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: IN AT MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2004, 04:31:29 AM »
its the "other" law school message board. I think it's hilarious though.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2004, 04:49:06 AM »
somewhat. I have been around every day just checking who got accepted where. Just biding my time, plus it seems like everyone who used to post hear has left. Can't believe Lexy is gone although I see her in xoxo.

Now I am getting more active especially after getting trashed in the Gulc post, although I deserved it to an extent. btw, congrats on all your acceptances, but would you really go to Boalt over CLS or NYU?

If I get into Michigan I think I will be in the same condition as you were when you were accepted to Boalt.

what happened in the GULC post?  will have to look...

boalt over CLS or NYU?  i'd have to think about it.  REALLY hard.  and visit all of them.  CLS more likely than NYU, in terms of choosing out of the three.  maybe it's just because i didn't know NYU was so highly ranked, but i feel like boalt's reputation might be better, particularly in CA.  would be awesome to have that choice though; probably can't go wrong with any of the three.

same condition = totally ecstatic, crying, unable to complete sentences?  ;)

Pookmister, where would you go if you had to make a decision of only the schools your currently accepted to.

i'll assume that's pookmeister, as i'm no boy ;)  (i don't normally pick on spelling errors, as it is an internet board; just funny in this case)

akudiya is right; i'd most likely pick boalt.  there are factors that could still come into play, though, most important of which is financial aid.  if USC offers me a BIG scholarship, i would be tempted to go.  can't really say at this point, "okay, i'm DEFINITELY not going to this school."  but if it all ends here, 95% likelihood of going to boalt.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2004, 04:57:25 AM »
CLS is absolutely amazing. Although the surrounding area is sketchy it is just amazing. I think you are in there so prepare for a decision (what a nice one to make). Take a few weeks off in spring and visit the schools, then you will get a good feel for what you want to do. Either school, however, will obviously take you far. I suppose this means you will not be applying to NU correct? 

BTW, NYU is also great, however, don't go by location if you want to choose where to go imo. Its a 15 minute train ride on the express.

And yes, that is the condition I was referring to.

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2004, 05:00:28 AM »
First of all you guys (and gals) stay up way to late.  

Pookmister, where would you go if you had to make a decision of only the schools your currently accepted to.

i'll assume that's pookmeister, as i'm no boy ;)  (i don't normally pick on spelling errors, as it is an internet board; just funny in this case)

Secondly, you found it pookmeister, my biggest weakness (well except that whole crappy gpa thing) and insecurity.  My spelling handicap.  Now I'm crying :-[ I guess I will have to go back to typing everything in word, running spell check and then copy pasting (screw it, it's a board).

Thirdly, every time you you write something with points there has to be three.  No more, no less  
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2004, 05:01:54 AM »
I was thinking of applying there (CLS), because I got a fee waiver.  Maybe I still will. 

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2004, 05:03:39 AM »
i've only been to NYC once, but i stayed in graduate housing at columbia (sister and now-bro-in-law were living there at the time).  i remember the area quite well.  not ideal, but it wouldn't prevent me from picking CLS if it's the better school for me.

not applying to northwestern, no.  got a waiver from cornell today.  at first i was like, "sweet!  top 10 <i think>!  why not?"  then i remember i'd already gotten into mich and boalt.  the waiver is now in my trash ;)

btw, i'm concerned about WL at CLS.  it seems like it's about 50/50 with my numbers for accepts and WLs.  hopefully the quick boalt acceptance means i had good essays?  eh, we'll see.  i'll be perfectly happy at boalt, so i'm not concerned.  just anxious.  :)

off to sleep.  good night!  good to see you posting again.  good luck with apps!

(st. shaun, i swear no one cares about spelling here.  unless they're trying to be asses.  i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you don't proofread before posting, as i don't either.  not a big deal.  and agree that 3 is the best number for points.  also think you should apply to CLS.  why wouldn't you, if it's free?  you never know...)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 05:15:31 AM »
shaun what are you numbers?

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 06:16:30 AM »
Pookie, (good morning), and if you get into Columbia, which you will, pleeeease consider it! 

p.s. so how many schools does that make for you so far?  Six?  You're my idol.

;D
HLS

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2004, 06:42:57 AM »
My numbers are
UGPA 3.22 (small Evangelical liberal arts college) I double majored in music and religious studies.  I suck at music.
LSAT dissapointing 169. Not that a 169 is bad at all, but I got a 167 on my diagnostic exam and was doing consistantly around 175 when I took the test.  I really just wanted to get in the top 1% so I could be an LSAT tutor part time.

I'm probably not going to apply to CLS because I don't want to live in New York.  I've been there a few times and like to visit, but I need access to country.  I grew up on a farm literally miles away from the nearest paved road, and though I am very much a "city" kid now, I like access to rural areas.

Thirdly (gotta have three) I don't actually proofread or spell check, which will become very obvious in the future.  Well, I think I'm finally ready to go to bed.

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2004, 01:24:04 PM »
Congrats, Krusty!!!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK