Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC Account Status  (Read 455 times)

Byronic Hero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSAC Account Status
« on: December 03, 2004, 04:00:59 PM »
On the LSAC website, you can check your account status.  I was wondering if anyone knew what "Law School Report Processed" means exactly.  Also, do most schools send you an email telling you that your application is complete?  For some reason, I feel like I am missing something.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ByronicHero

In:  Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Capital, UNLV and Oklahoma.
Out: W&L
Waitlisted: IU-Bloomington, Utah, W&M
Pending:  Case Western

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAC Account Status
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 04:15:56 PM »
For a particular school?  It means they've got it ready and are going to send it out on the next truck that goes to the school.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

sheaday

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:13:04 PM »
How does the truck work? I've never heard of that.

For a particular school?  It means they've got it ready and are going to send it out on the next truck that goes to the school.

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 06:20:56 PM »
There is some debate about this, but the dean of admissions at the University of South Carolina said that they do not mail reports via USMail.  They put them all on a truck and ship them there.

However, I've also heard that some schools have the option to download the packet electronically via the LSAC.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.

Byronic Hero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 07:11:01 PM »
How do most schools notify you that they have received your application in full?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ByronicHero

In:  Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Capital, UNLV and Oklahoma.
Out: W&L
Waitlisted: IU-Bloomington, Utah, W&M
Pending:  Case Western

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 10:27:50 AM »
I've had to call most of mine.  I got a few emails though.

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 06:39:33 PM »
Most of mine have emailed me (however, I'm complete at only 5 schools, and I applied to 15 so I don't know what that means).  I've received 4 emails and one postcard (from Quinnipiac) saying that my application is complete.  I suppose I should call the other schools, but its really tough with a full-time job and all.  If it gets ridiculous (like several weeks after LSAC has supposedly sent the report) then I'll find the time to call them, I guess.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 10:24:54 PM »
Your LSAC status has absolutely nothing to do with your status at each particular school.  It only tell you whether your documents report (lsat score, transcripts, recommendations) were requested/processed/sent.

Once all of your reports have been sent to each school, you can pretty much stop checking your lsac account completely.

And many, many schools don't let you know when you're complete.  If it's been 2-3 weeks since your lsac document report was SENT (it takes 8-12 business days to arrive) and you still haven't heard, start emailing or calling the admission office to see what's up.