Law School Discussion

What's the deal?

What's the deal?
« on: April 15, 2004, 04:37:28 PM »
I applied to nine schools between January 15 and February 20.  I have only heard from 3 (SYR & DePaul - Accepted, William&Mary - WL).  Both Syracuse and DePaul wanted a non-refundable deposit today (4/15).  I decided to submit my money to Syracuse, but would still like to go to other schools more.

Waiting on Cornell, Albany, SUNY at Buffalo, George Mason, and UVA.

Anyone else sharing a similar experience?

Good Luck....

Re: What's the deal?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 04:47:40 PM »
Yup... me too... I am on hold at two schools, waitlisted at one (since withdrawn), accepted to one, and I am still waiting on four schools. We don't have any schools in common, but I think this is normal. Law schools have been inidated with applications due to the, dare I say it, "recession". I sent in my deposit to the one school I was accepted, but I don't know if I will end up there. You can change your mind if you hear from a school you applied to even if you send in a deposit to another school. I know, it's really frustrating. But just so you know, others are out there with the same problem. Good luck! - Brie

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 04:48:02 PM »
There are many threads about this...basically, the schools are obnoxious and they're keeping people hanging as long as they can.  I just withdrew today from 2 schools where I had had my app in since November and they still had not responded.  It's mean of them but there's really nothing you can do.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 11:19:29 PM »
I am also in a similar boat.  I applied to 24 schools between January 30th and February 20th.  In early March I received notice from a few schools - auto rejects, and since then activity has been very quiet.  To date, I have received 9 rejections, a waitlist, and a deferral.  I have yet to hear from 13 schools in this group.  I sent a couple of more appications to third and fourth tier schools in mid-march.  I cannot wait for that first acceptance!!

WL: Rutgers Camden
Deferral: Brooklyn Law

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 02:44:07 AM »
I applied to nine schools between January 15 and February 20.  I have only heard from 3 (SYR & DePaul - Accepted, William&Mary - WL).  Both Syracuse and DePaul wanted a non-refundable deposit today (4/15).  I decided to submit my money to Syracuse, but would still like to go to other schools more.

Waiting on Cornell, Albany, SUNY at Buffalo, George Mason, and UVA.

Anyone else sharing a similar experience?

Good Luck....

Just wanted to point out that a ton of people apply during the holiday season (late Dec/early Jan) so it wouldn't be surprising if your decisions are delayed.  I applied in December and many of my schools didn't get to my file until February/March.