Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need Some Info  (Read 803 times)

Guy5454

• View Profile
    • Email
Need Some Info
« on: April 15, 2004, 05:32:03 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just got accepted (today!!) into the J.D./LL.B program at Windsor University (Ontario, Canada) and Detroit Mercy School of Law.  Originally, I am from downtown Toronto. My question is does anyone have any information about the J.D./LL.B program at Windsor?
Will I have an advantage for jobs if I have the dual law degree?

I don't know if I should accept this provisionally and wait to hear about other schools like Osgoode and Queen's or if I should just fully accept this offer?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

George

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Re: Need Some Info
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 05:39:27 PM »
Wait until your deposits are due. A better ffer may come along. The offer will stiull be there, so there is no need to waste your money if you are waiting for a better offer. Congrats on getting accepted though. Having to choose between which law school's to accept is a good problem to have.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 06:03:14 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just got accepted (today!!) into the J.D./LL.B program at Windsor University (Ontario, Canada) and Detroit Mercy School of Law.  Originally, I am from downtown Toronto. My question is does anyone have any information about the J.D./LL.B program at Windsor?
Will I have an advantage for jobs if I have the dual law degree?

I don't know if I should accept this provisionally and wait to hear about other schools like Osgoode and Queen's or if I should just fully accept this offer?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

George

Well, it'll certainly open up possibilities at firms which handle international issues between canada and the US, or firms which practice in both countries and require their attny's to appear in court in both nations.  Other than that, I don't think the llb won't mean that much to a US firm.  I think you should look into the programs job placement statistics, and then check out what sorts of firms they send people to. . .
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 06:05:54 PM »
just a quick note. I have heard nothing but things about the Wndsor program. Though I too would wait as long a possible.